We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson extra leg room seats

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson extra leg room seats

Hello I have booked extra legroom seats with Thomson ,normal seats become available to select on line 90 days before flight , but I have been told that the extra legroom seats are not pre selectable from aircraft seat plan like other seating and that they are pre allocated to you, could anybody confirm this arrangement

many thanks

101 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

Not that I am aware of. As far as I know they are prebookable in the same way, at 90 days prior.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

I booked my extra legroom seats today so they are pre selectable

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
36,770 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

Yes they are definitely prebookable, as all the times I have booked extra legroom seats I have always selected the exact row/numbers at the 90 days before flight.

Angie.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

I spoke to someone at Thomsons this morning who told me I couldn't book them until next Tuesday ( which is my 90 days ) but I rang again this afternoon and got a lovely girl who said I could book my outward flight seats today which I did and to call again next week and book return seats she couldn't be more helpful

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
36,770 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

Lorraine1958190744

Yes thats correct, you can book Outbound seats as soon as seatplan is open even if its before the 90 days, then call back a week or so later and pre book the Inbound seats...... I just dont know why all the call centre staff dont 'sing from the same hymn sheet' I have come across exactly the same......put the phone down and rung back and spoke to a very helpful staff member and was able to prebook my seats !

Angie.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

Amazing isn't it ? I wouldn't have known to do it without this forum I would of just rang back next week. At least now I have exactly the seats I want .

England,UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

Could anyone help with which are the best extra legroom seats please? Flying Manchester to Palma later this year and will book the seats 90 days before but havn't a clue which ones are best!!

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

On that route you won't have much choice, probably on a 737 or 757 it ll be the first row or the middle over wing exit rows.

:-)

Crawley, United...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

Be carful when booking extra leg room on Thomson flights. A group of us have just been on a golfing break to Las Palmas. At Gatwick four of us asked at check-in if any extra leg room seats were available. We were told there was and it would cost £20 per person. Four so us decided to take up the offer so went and paid at a separate desk. We were allocated our seats in row 1. Once on board and sitting down it became obvious we had no extra room what so ever as we were sitting with the bulkhead right in front of us. The only seats with extra leg room were in row 15 which are by the emergency exit. Not having learnt our lesson we also paid £30 on the return trip and ended up in the same situation. So be careful when booking extra leg room seats, row 1 has no extra room at all.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,763 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson extra leg room seats

Row 1 does have more space, but bulkhead seats are always restrictive due to having no seat in front to put your feet under.

Reply to: Thomson extra leg room seats
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted