We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates terrible customer service in Dubai

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates terrible customer service in Dubai

Was anyone unfortunate enough to be de-layed or miss a connection within Dubai airport flying with Emirates on or around the 22nd Jan ? Did you have a horror story about the sub-standard customer service of Emirates ground staff in general? Would like to find out if they always treat people so badly, seems to me their reputation as a good carrier is not deserved

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Emirates terrible customer service in Dubai

If you read back I have never accused anyone of working for the airline ,someone else done that and I did not even acknowledge the accusation.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Emirates terrible customer service in Dubai

>> Economy passengers really are treated as cattle class by Emirates. <<

Economy passengers are treated as cattle by all airlines, not just Emirates. That's why it's nicknamed "cattle class" the word over. First and Business class pax do get better treatment, because they pay for it; many thousands more for their ticket than you did. There's also fewer of them, so it makes sense to send them to the lounge (where they'd go anyway) to get rebooked there.

I'm in the middle when it comes to this. All my flights are booked economy, but because I fly with my airline a lot (not EK) I get elite FF benefits. I get the lounge (when there is one) so I could rebook and get a hotel there. But when there isn't (like on my 25 hour mechanical delay last year) I'm queuing up with the cattle, because I or my company didn't want to pay for the extra service that comes with F or J.

Edited: 18 August 2013, 00:17
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Emirates terrible customer service in Dubai

To clear it up , "They pay people to do that" was not meant to mean they pay people to post positive posts about their airline (i'm not paranoid) but simply an acknowledgement that they have a massive budget for advertising and marketing a good image of themselves to the world through traditional avenues and that they are not only a good global carrier but also a good global brand too. I simply meant they don't need any help from the man in the street to promote an un-deserved reputation, ( in my opinion ). My gripe is not only about my experience of an incident but how the airline responded . I have had no satisfaction from Emirates , I work very hard to pay for my airline ticket, after months of being continually messed about by a massive company who try to project a perfect image of themselves I am entitled to gripe about how they go about their business. I am a person who has a track record in acknowledging good customer service also.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Emirates terrible customer service in Dubai

Also to clear it up i realise the people sitting in those big seats at the front of the aircraft have paid more to be on the aircraft than an economy passenger. However there is legal and moral transaction that takes place when you part with your hard earned cash when purchasing an airline ticket. If you are 1st class or economy you expect to receive the same general service that the airline offers or projects to everyone. I don't care if i am left to sit out a delay in a first class lounge or on an airport floor I just want honesty and intelligence from airport ground staff .

35. Re: Emirates terrible customer service in Dubai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 05:17