We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson holidays upgrade.

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
thomson holidays upgrade.

hey I was just wondering how much people have paid for upgrades? thomsons have quoted me £480 per person on a Manchester to orlando flight. seems a bit steep to me so just wondered what the average upgrade price was??

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,390 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

Prices for upgrades continually change due to supply and demand, I have seen the prices change from one day to the next. Also prices can be different dependent on which departure airport you use !

Angie.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 15:29
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,259 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

It varies from flight to flight, and like fare prices, seems to be linked to supply and demand.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

It varies depending on route, time of year and other factors.

Only you can decide if it s worth it.

If you wait until check in there are sometimes chances to upgrade to premium for a reduced fee. This obviously depends on how many people have already paid their £480 and upgraded. It could be a full premium cabin so you would have to be prepared for sitting in economy. Depends how badly you need the extra couple of inches and a few free drinks and saving yourself 15 minutes with a dedicated check in.

Economy with Thomson is 34" anyway which is more than many other carriers, so you would still be comfortable either way.

:-)

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

well there are 6 of us traveling and at 480 a person that's what I thought for a few extra inches and a drink its not really worth it.

County Durham
Level Contributor
103 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

Hi, we're flying from Glasgow to Sanford in August and its costing us £219 each. Meant to be on the Dreamliner, but.......

When I was pricing flights from Newcastle, the flights were much more expensive, but the upgrades were much less (£159). Although this was a 767 not the Dreamliner.

My hubby is 6'4" which is one of the main reasons for doing it, but also because it's our children's first long haul flight, so I'm trying to make it as comfortable as possible.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 16:10
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

Thomsons rang me a couple of weeks ago for my may 5th flight to offer me upgrade to premium. It was £195 per person plus the £180 we have already paid for extra space seats so £570 in total . Brochure price at the moment is £685 per couple so saving of £115. I have travelled premium before and for this trip I am more than happy with extra space seats and almost £400 pound in my pocket . Even I cannot drink that much. Lol !!! The price of premium seats seemed to of shot up in price over last few years and for me not worth the cost.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

You got a good deal there ruth. They are currently 399GBP to upgrade on that route in august.

Edited: 21 February 2013, 16:17
County Durham
Level Contributor
103 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

Hit on lucky with the flight prices too, I monitored them for a while and saw them drop from £950 down to £778. We were going to go next year, but decided just to go for it at these prices.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

Good work. I always seem to just miss any bargains!

Perth, United...
Level Contributor
111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thomson holidays upgrade.

Well this is kids first long haul flight also but i dont think paying 480 per person entertains the kids anymore. Think ill stick with econemy. I get why people uograde ie being tall etc but not for me i dont think