We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

uk
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

Need some reassurance please!

We have a short time to make the connection from the Norwich flight to the KL flight. Am I right to assume that baggage will go straight through?

Also, will our boarding passes for the KL flight be issued at Norwich or will we have to check in again?

Has anyone out there done this transfer and can give me a hint on procedure?

Thanks

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

There have been several posts relating to transiting Schipol recently. Suggest you do a search in the box just below this.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

Assuming it's all one ticket, yes, bags will go straight through and you will get your boarding passes to Kuala Lumpur in Norwich.

You will just go straight to your gate, through security and on to your next flight.

You don't say how long you have in AMS but if it's 30 minutes or more you will be OK assuming the flight from Norwich isn't delayed. That's always a risk, but if you miss your connection because of that, KLM will get you on the next available flight, even with another airline. That happened to me recently. I missed the morning KLM flight to Nairobi because of fog at London City. They put me on the Kenya Airways flight that evening.

In any event, KLM would not book a connection that was impossible under normal circumstances.

Stavanger, Norway
Destination Expert
for Western Norway, Stavanger
Level Contributor
7,279 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

If this is on ONE ticket your luggage will checked through to Kuala Lumpur. How long is the connection time? Schiphol is a very efficient airport. I often have short connection times here (45-90 minutes) and have had no issues as long as the incoming flight is not delayed.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,612 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

If both flights are with KLM (and on one ticket) you should get both boarding passes at Norwich (NWI) when you check in. If you can access your reservation on the KLM website you should be able to check in before arriving at NWL and print your boarding passes. You'd still have to drop bags at NWI but they will be through checked to KUL.

Amsterdam is a good airport to transit. Security is done at the gate, so the only pax you'd queue behind are those on your flight and you're in line for boarding.

uk
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

Many thanks - all sounds good.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,924 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

It might be worth lgging into KLM.com now ,go to My Trip and choose all your seats . If you cannot get what you want then when online checkin opens (30 hours before your first flight ) some more seats may well be available

7. Re: Transitting Schiphol Norwich to Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2014, 05:17