We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline meals

inverness
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Airline meals

Going to Alicante from Glasgow in September on a Thomson package holiday. I notice now we have the details we are flying with British Airways.

We were not given opportunity when booking to book an inflight meal. Just wondered if anyone knew if we will be given an inflight meal.

Any time I have flown independently with BA in the past everyone got an inflight meal free. Mind you that was a while ago.

Just wondered if we are likely to get a free meal on this flight.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline meals

No as far as I know BA stopped giving meals a couple of years ago on the european flights, in any case it was only a sandwich before not a full meal but now you get the choice of a cookie or salted nibbles with a drink.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline meals

Oh well it shows how long it is since I last travelled with BA.

The last time we got a 3 course meal going Aberdeen to Heathrow but that was a good number of years ago. Could hardly get it eaten before we landed.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,985 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline meals

Even if BA did provide inflight meals, whether Thomsons customers would get one would depend on what they'd agreed with BA.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,299 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airline meals

BA dont fly to Alicante from Glasgow. Are you sure about this? You would have to go to LGW and then on to ALC and it does notmake sense that Thomson would book you on a legacy carrier when they have their own fleet.

Not saying you are wrong I just find it a bit wierd.

Anyway no meals. Those days are long gone. Was pretty pointless anyway on such short flights.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airline meals

Gives details of BA flight on booking details, going 3pm on 24th August for 14 nights.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,574 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airline meals

What are your flight numbers? As Ronaldo said BA don't fly that route. Possibly could be a code share but not sure which airline?

For example Monarch are flying from LBA this summer whereas Thomson aren't so any Thomson booked holidays are flying with Monarch.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airline meals

Even if BA did provide inflight meals, whether Thomsons customers would get one would depend on what they'd agreed with BA.

------

I very much doubt that. Once you are on a BA flight everyone is treated the same, they aren't going up and down the aisles checking who paid what and who.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airline meals

BA do sometimes do charter work on routes such as this. Whether it not you'll get a meal depends on the arrangement BA has with the company that booked the charter.

If it's a SCHEDULED early morning domestic flight then it'll be hot breakfast, if not a snack or similar. I've not flown Euro Traveller in years so not sure what their offerings are but I seem to think that even with the cutbacks a few years ago it's still hot breakfasts in economy.

What's the flight number?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,985 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airline meals

When a tour operator block books seat with another airline they usually stipulate what their customers receive.

The OPs flight looks like Thomsons have either chartered or leased a BA aircraft so all Thomsons usual extras (or lack of them) apply.

inverness
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airline meals

Travelling on 24th August at 1500hrs on BA4527 FROM Glasgow international returning 7th September 2000hrs onBA4528.