We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit in Singapore

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Transit in Singapore

Hello

I am going thru Singapore airport to Toronto and I have 15 hr transit in SIN airport. Any advice how to kill some time?

Thanks in advance

Anu

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit in Singapore

go into town and get a room.

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit in Singapore

There is heaps to do at Singapore airport. There are several gardens, outside areas, a swimming pool, cinemas, massage chairs etc. Most of that stuff is free. And if you are done exploring the airport the airport offers free city tours of Singapore. But I think that's only available until 5 pm, so might not be an option if your transfer is overnight.

Check the airport's homepage to find out more information about what it has to offer.

I have never seen another airport that offers that much.

Edited: 28 February 2013, 21:00
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit in Singapore

You can book a room at the hotel in the airport too. Its the best airport for a lomg layover

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit in Singapore

Your options depend on what time you land and depart and if your bags are checked through to the next flight.

With 15 hours you have more than enough time to go and visit Singapore.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transit in Singapore

Landing at 7am and departing at 11.30pm, so I think I have enough time to explorer singapore

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transit in Singapore

More than enough yes and if you have your bags checked through you have a few options.

Depending on how you feel, you can go straight to visit Singapore or spend a few hours in the transit hotel in the international area to get a few hours sleep and take a shower.

Then make your way into the city around 12 / 1 PM.

MRT (subway) is easy to navigate. If your airline is Singapore they do offer a tour, you could look into that.

Maybe asking for help on the Singapore forum will get you ideas about visits. Many options to choose from.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,547 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transit in Singapore

Even if your luggage isn't checked through, there is a luggage storage facility at Changi where you can leave your bags.

If you go to the Singapore forum and have a look at the top questions on the right hand side, you'll see ideas for itineraries for a day in Singapore.

There are free shower facilities at Changi if you want to freshen up after your overnight flight.

I wouldn't bother with the transit hotel.

Wear yourself out and then you'll be tired enough to sleep all the way on your next overnight leg.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,074 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transit in Singapore

If you have to be stuck in an airport, then Singapore is the one to be stuck i. Tours are available from the airport, with the shortest being 2 hours. Remember Singapore is probably smaller than Toronto so you can see quite a bit of it in a day and still have time for a swim and snooze in airport hotel

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transit in Singapore

<<There are free shower facilities at Changi if you want to freshen up after your overnight flight. >>

eva - I haven't heard of these free showers - where are they located?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transit in Singapore

just note that nothing much opens (except coffee houses) in Singapore until at least 10am.