We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Recently went with Easyjet to France and as we had a early flight (before 8.30) decided to use their late night check-in at Gatwick. Really good if you are close to the airport the night before and especially if you have kids in tow – certainly don’t want to have to get up any earlier just to queue up to check-in in bags. However, there was very little on Easyjet’s website or the internet to let me know what time the check-in closes and if all party members need to be present. Having gone to the check-in he confirmed that just one party member can be present to check in the whole part on the same booking if you have already checked in online. If you haven’t checked in online then all members need to be present. He also said that there is no close time for check-in, but best to avoid midnight as hat when the system switches over, which can cause problems apparently. That said if you have to get up early anyway your probably wanting to check-in from 8-11 anyway.

Hope this helps

London
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Thanks - have just booked an early morning easy flight from Gatwick and was wondering about this.

What were the queues like? We were thinking of aiming for not long after 8 but wondered if everyone else might have had the same idea...

Thanks again for posting

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Hi There,

No queue. I guess thet say 8pm so that they can clear the flights for the evening first. Therefore you are only likley to have other passengers checking in on the morning flights. Done this 3 times and never had to queue!

Safe travels

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Hi There,

No queue. I guess thay say 8pm so that they can clear the flights for that evening first. Therefore you are only likley to have other passengers checking in on the morning flights. Done this 3 times and never had to queue!

Safe travels

Edited: 14 March 2013, 09:07
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

We also liked this service, we were staying at the hotel inside the terminal which meant we just had to get up and walk to the gate, it's great.

North Coast, N...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
5,365 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Another fan here. I had a 22 hour flight delay/cancellation so arrived tired to rebook my flight as I had missed my connecting flight. The guy at the Easyjet sales desk could not have been nicer - really helpful and told me about the check-in service. I was staying at the new premier inn at north terminal so I quickly grabbed the bare essentials out of my hold luggage and did the check-in at about 9.30. No queue. Made the next morning a breeze and after a stressful day wondering whether or not I'd even get back to the UK, let alone Northern Ireland, meant I went to bed relaxed and knowing I had a little extra time in bed the next morning:)

edinburgh
Level Contributor
158 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Thanks for the Info. Going to try this for my early morning flight in May.

Devon
Level Contributor
326 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

I was just about to ask about this! Easyjet's web site says you can check in from 20.00 to 4am but I wasnt sure if they had staff working all night! We fly from the North Terminal, do we just go to bag drop or is there a special desk?

Quote from EJ site:

"If the flight you have booked leaves London Gatwick at 08.30 or before you can check in for this flight the night before from 20:00 UK time up to 04:00 UK time on the following day. This will give you the opportunity to leave your baggage at the airport. You will be issued with a boarding pass so you can go straight to security for your flight the following morning."

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Hi there,

According to the guy I spoke with at the desk it is maned all night. I've always aimed to check in just after 8 as there is generally a few more people on the desks as they would have just cleared the evening flights. Guess the later you leave it, beyond 11, the more sketchy things could get furthermore if you have an early flight I'm not sure you would see the value in checking in your bags in beyond midnight anyway. No special desk, just head to the easjet check ins and there will be someone there.

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Just be aware that if there are delayed afternoon/evening flights (as they frequently are), then Easyjet may pull all their Checkin staff and reassign them to the departure gates.

This happened to us last month. We had an early morning flight, so decided to stay at the Premier Inn at the North Terminal, and check in the previous evening.

We arrived at checkin at 8.45pm, to find not a single checkin desk open, and around a dozen bemused passengers. After about 5 minutes, a member of staff poked her head above the parapet(!), and told us that due to delayed flights, checkin would not be open until midnight, so we should come back then.

A little annoyed, we went off to the hotel, and returned with our bags at about 10 past midnight - to find that once again, every checkin desk was closed, and there were no Easyjet staff in sight. After about 15 minutes, I spotted two Easyjet employees coming back from airside, and asked whether they were going to open the checkin. No, they said, they were on their break now, so Checkin wouldn't be opening until "at least 1am". Rather than come back then, and risk the same thing all over again, we went back to the hotel, and got up an hour earlier the next day - just as well, since the Baggage Drop queue was over 45 minutes long.

I complained to Easyjet, and asked how often this happens. They claimed that this was the very first time it had happened, and that it wouldn't happen again. Given that Easyjet flights are frequently delayed, I find that hard to believe.

Portsmouth, United...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Easyjet Late night check-in Gatwick

Wot time does flight have to be in morning mine is 9.05 can I do night check in