We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin flight to Antigua

london
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin flight to Antigua

If anyone has recently flown with Virgin direct to Antigua can you tell me what that condition of the plane was like and what kind of inflight entertainment there was?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin flight to Antigua

We flew out on Feb 8th, the plane was one of the updated aircraft and everything was very good. The inflight entertainment system was good with a large choice of very recent release films. Cannot comment on economy as we went PE which we found to be good. Thought the flight out was slightly better than return, more drinks/snacks offered but food on both was ok.

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
217 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin flight to Antigua

All Virgin's leisure 747 fleet out of Gatwick were refurbished last year. So things should be OK. When we flew out of LGW to St Lucia last month we flew out on a LHR 747, which was also in a pretty good condition. We came back on a refurbed LGW 747, also good.

K30
Cornwall
Level Contributor
791 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin flight to Antigua

Different route by my husband has recently flown on a refurbed 747 with Virgin and still hasnt shut up about how great it was in terms of food, films and icecreams, and that was in economy.

london
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin flight to Antigua

Thank you for all your replies it has been really helpful and I am so looking forward to my holiday now.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin flight to Antigua

We flew this route with virgin and enjoyed the flight.

Chipping Norton...
Level Contributor
573 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin flight to Antigua

Flew economy to Antigua last November on refurbished plane. It was much nicer and more comfortable than the old ones!

IFE was improved - and food was ok (although they ran out of the option we would have chosen. This might have been because the flight was only half full and they weren't expecting everyone to want beef.)

7. Re: Virgin flight to Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 04:16