We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edreams

Blackpool
Level Contributor
1 post
49 reviews
Save Topic
Edreams

Recently booked via edreams return flights, two different airlines, out with Ryanair, return with Thomson. On looking at the confirmation from both airlines noticed error with Thomson that all passengers were down as 'mr' instead of 'mrs/miss' but Ryanair had the details correct. Cost to change £50 per passenger! Surely this is an error on edreams part? Anyone had similar experience? Cost to call them £1.54 per minute, sent email but as yet no reply.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edreams

Title does not matter.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edreams

Don't worry. Your title does not form part of your name, so as long as the actual names are correct you will be fine.

You had better check all your luggage allowances though and make sure you have all you need to check in online with Ryanair, turn up at the airport without your boarding passes and they will charge you a further £60 per person.

Also check yourself that details of the flight have not been changed in anyway, flight times are often amended several times before you actually fly, E-dreams are dreadful about letting you know about this.

But in future stay clear of E-Dreams, they seem to be about the worst online flight booker there is.

Jackie

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edreams

<<Title does not matter.>>

Yep - any thread with 'edreams' in the title is a tale of woe........

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edreams

<<Title does not matter.>>

<<Yep - any thread with 'edreams' in the title is a tale of woe........>>

Title as in Mr/Miss/Mrs, not title of thread....

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
10,101 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edreams

Don't let Ryanair know you booked through a third party, it is not allowed under their T & C's. You run the risk of denied boarding. Always book direct with the airline, you will without doubt get a better service.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,370 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edreams

I prefer Numbat's version! ;-)

as others have said, it isn't important if the honorifics are incorrect.

Also do be aware of your luggage allowance as they may be different on each airline - or you may still need to add your lugage allowance.

Too much pain booking this way to save how much?

Watford, England...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Edreams

Also had a bad experience with edreams. I booked return flights with them only for the information to come back wrong. I tried to correct the error they made and spent the best part of £100 calling them on their premium rate number. They would constantly put me on hold only to hang up after about 10 minutes. Rude, unhelpful. In short I got no where and ended up having to book a single flight home through another company. My so called cheap £93.00 flight has cost me well over £300 so far not including the £100.00 phone bill I am due to receive. I spoke to around 10 different call centre staff and was told different things by each of them, lied to and deceived. I will never use edreams again and you'd be mad to!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
58,602 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edreams

There are plenty of warnings on Tripadvisor about this company. Your experience is a clear indication that booking with third party airlines is not cheaper than booking directly!

Watford, England...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Edreams

very true.. You live and learn. I went direct in the end to book my flight home and it was simple. Paid less than what enightmares wanted to charge for altering my booking. My advice is simple, don't trust anyone! A sad reflection on the state of moral values that appears to be global.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Edreams

To be truthful, I wish I would have started a site like E-Dreams. Those people are getting rich.