We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edreams

Blackpool
Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Topic
Edreams

Recently booked via edreams return flights, two different airlines, out with Ryanair, return with Thomson. On looking at the confirmation from both airlines noticed error with Thomson that all passengers were down as 'mr' instead of 'mrs/miss' but Ryanair had the details correct. Cost to change £50 per passenger! Surely this is an error on edreams part? Anyone had similar experience? Cost to call them £1.54 per minute, sent email but as yet no reply.

Watford, England...
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Edreams

yeah, from suckers like me...

1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Edreams

same experience booked a flight with edreams confirmation was different to what i ordered sent 5 emails called 3 times and nothing was sorted out ended up costing me £80 in telephone calls and a new ticket AVOID AVOID AVOID there are so many decent operators out there. edreams is awful

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Edreams

Eric E

"AVOID AVOID AVOID there are so many decent operators out there. edreams is awful"

Yours is just the latest in a long list of warnings on numerous threads about Edreams - sorry to be harsh but having down little or no research on them prior to booking I'm not sure why you think this latest warning will deter others who are just as likely to book with them without carrying out any research.

It's a pity you didn't sign up to TA earlier than today to do some research or you would have avoided them in the first place - the best advice I can give you is to book direct with the airline in future or if you insist in using what you consider to be a "decent operator" then carry out some research before purchase.

By the way if you were thinking Opodo was one of those decent operators then be aware they have been taken over by Edreams.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Edreams

there are so many decent operators out there

=====

Other than the airlines, actually there arent, there are just a handful of what I'd call "decent" third parties.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
49,812 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Edreams

>>>there are so many decent operators out there<<<

If you're referring to third parties there Eric, then I'm afraid it won't be long before you get your fingers burnt again.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 12:31
London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Edreams

Hi,

We also faced problems when booking through edreams.

I have recently booked to-fro tickets to swiss. I realized the amount changed when I selected Visa as payment type. They had added £14 for each of us as service charges. It is no where mentioned that they would deduct service charges. when I selected Visa as payment option (it displayed as Visa + £0.0) so I thought they will be no charge.

I realized this only when I received their booking confirmation email. I am just too scared if there are any more surprises in store before the trip.

Please donot book from edreams at any cost.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Edreams

khasim

"Please donot book from edreams at any cost." - You ignored all similar warnings on this and any of the other threads about Edreams so I'm not sure why you think your warning will deter those who book with them or any other 3rd party for that matter without conducting the most basic research before booking.

You'll probably find the service charge of £14 is set out in their terms and conditions - did you read them or just tick the box to say you agreed to them without even looking at them.

London, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Edreams

I did check about service charges and it was shown as deducted from total cost. It later got added again when i selected payment type.

It was a big mistake not searchng for reviews b4 bookng on edreams.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
38,657 posts
1,078 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Edreams

Before (not after) booking with such 3rd party companies, one should satisfy their curiosity by doing a Search on TA, and this forum. For instance, with "eDreams," one could turn up this post, or perhaps this one: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k3482801…

That should lead them in the correct direction - if they only come here, Search and read first.

Hunt

Syracuse, NY
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Edreams

I booked a one way flight for two from SYR to MZT last evening. In the process of booking they asked me to get approval from my bank when I pressed Continue. So I called my bank and they said fine so I went back to the sight and pressed continue again only to have my access denied and no confirmation. I tried to call their number numerous times today during working hours and got only a busy signal. I wrote them 3 emails and received no response. I called the credit card company and they said they can't handle a dispute until the charge moves from pending to posted. I called Delta airlines whose flight this is and they said I had a reservation but it was cancelled. I would very much like this flight as it is a much shorter one day flight that gets me in MZT, Mexico at a decent hour for the shuttle to the hotel. If I wait to long, the flight will be full, if it isn't already. Should I book or wait another 24 hours.