We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air asia travel

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
air asia travel

i am travelling to osaka from chennai via KL stop ever iam taking hand luggage only how much weight and size is allowed

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air asia travel

It actually tells you on your e-ticket.....

but here's a link to the website - would have been quicker googling that than posting your question here!

airasia.com/ot/…cabin-baggage.page

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: air asia travel

do i have to check in on line or it can be done at air port do you charge for on line checkin.

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: air asia travel

yes i am so

London, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: air asia travel

is it compulsory to check in on line ,do they charge for on line check in,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air asia travel

it's not compulsory to check in online. No charge to check in online

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air asia travel

Air Asia in Malaysia (and I assume everywhere else) encourage online check-in or at the kiosks at the airport. Check-in counters in Malaysia no longer exist .... there are only baggagedrop counters,

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: air asia travel

@JulesB66,

I have just flown with Air Asia about 2 weeks ago and did my check in at the counter at the airport in Kuala Lumpur (LCCT/KUL).

If I recall this correctly, sometime last year or maybe in 2011, they started charging a fee if you choose to check in at the counter in an effort to encourage passengers to check in online or use check in kiosks at the airport. The counters were then supposed to be baggage drop counters only. This fee however was later scrapped and since then, passengers can check in at the counter should they choose to do so, free of charge.

Edited: 23 March 2013, 03:13
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: air asia travel

Thanks for the update, Anon! I should fly AK more! ;-)

9. Re: air asia travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 04:15