We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

Ash, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
5 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

Was anyone else on this flight which was delayed for nearly 24 hours. Just had a letter from thomson refusing any compensation stating extraordinary circumstances. Am going to take matter further but just wondering how anybody else got on with claiming

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

You can't give a specific time limit, but the plane that was scheduled to fly Cancun was definitely coming from somewhere. They don't have planes idling in the airports for days.

22. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 23:05
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,805 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

Simon

It's never a good idea to put your email on a public forum - I suggest you delete your post and send Yvonne a Private Message.

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

HI, YES WE WERE ON THIS FLIGHT !.in battle with .thomsons have acted in the most disgusting manner, in fact they are impossible to deal with,.any smaller company would have been shut down!...the fact they have tried to wriggle off the hook to avoid compensation payout.when everyone on the flight has a valid claim which will stand in court... i have the paper work here given to us on the plane......i wish i could contact you off of here.as i will take thomsons to court if necessary... (not to mention, the soaked baggage, the cold hotel. and the excuses).....

London, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

welltravelled010101

You sound very bitter. What has the hotel got to do with your delay of the flight? Stick to the relevant facts and leave emotion out of it if you want a positive result.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

Well travelled, good luck with the court case. I suspect you might need it, but am sure plenty are relieved to hear you are willing to go there. Save them the bother.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,953 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

"the fact they have tried to wriggle off the hook to avoid compensation payout.when everyone on the flight "

Well Travelled I suggest you leave out the emotion. If Thomson are in the wrong you should get the relevant compensation. Slthough it could be a long struggle.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

The lightening strike, from what I can read was not days old, and anyone with half a brain would consider that as the root of the problem and extra ordinary.

However, again, I wish the very emotional and bitter " well travelled" poster the best of luck in taking this to court. I hope they let us know how the result of the court case they are willing to pursue.

Would I, in this circumstance? Not on your nelly, why throw good money after bad??

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

hi, yes i admit you are right.., trouble is this holiday was to be the holiday of a lifetime after a difficult year.... tried to ammend my post. but wasnt able to...

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Thomson flight TOM022 to cancun 4th November - delay

hi, yes i make you right !....i couldnt ammend my comment.....but, in all fairness have hit a brick wall dealing with the company