We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

expedia?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
expedia?

If I book with airfares with Expedia do they issue the etickets?

They are $50 per person cheaper than booking on Virgin Australia's web site - does this sound right? Auckland - Rarotonga - Auckland

I am having problems booking online with Virgin Australia - keeps throwing me out!

Anyone booked thru Expedia? Good ? Bad?

thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,394 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: expedia?

I'd say they're one of the best 3rd party booking sites around. When you get your eticket, make sure to confirm the booking with the airline just in case and don't rely on Expedia to inform of any schedule changes.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: expedia?

I've used Expedia. For non stop shorter hauls only and when I'm confident I will not cancel.

I have used it to compare prices with Delta, usually lower, but watching Delta for a month or so, find Delta lowers their prices to match Expedia's. Then I buy from Delta directly.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,246 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: expedia?

I use Expedia for hotel bookings but not Airline seats.

99% of the time you will be fine, it's when things go wrong such as missed connections, cancelled flights etc. when I think it's best to book direct. In most of these cases, the airline will refer you back to the agent.

Try contacting Expedia in the middle of the night from a foreign airport !!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,033 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: expedia?

I use Expedia for flight tickets quite frequently and I do find them to be one of the more reliable 3rd parties.

It's true that airlines tend to ask you to refer/check with your 3rd party agent for any flight changes or problems but in my experience, they only ask you to do this if you haven't flown your outbound or first leg of your flights. Once you've taken your first flight, they can assist you directly for any changes/problems either online, via phone or over the counter, and if there is any additional charges to be incurred, you can pay them directly during check in at the latest.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: expedia?

I have and seem to remember that there was a credit card charge which only comes up at the end of the booking process. Also, their contact numbers were premium rate.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: expedia?

Even if Expedia is a reputable booking website I would still book directly with the airline, if there's a cancellation or flight time change you might run into problems. There was soemone on here at the end of last year that had all sorts of problems with expedia because an airline changed their flight time which made it impossible for them to catch the connecting flight, they thought that they would be able to claim from their insurance company who said they wouldn't pay up because the flights were'nt booked directly with the airline.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
129 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: expedia?

Expedia will send you a confirmation number for the airline's site and you can check for any changes in your flights. Expedia doesn't actually issue paper tickets, but in my experience, neither do the airlines. I see you are in New Zealand - there is probably a phone number to call if you have any problems. Here in Canada, it is a toll-free number and is listed on the email confirmation.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: expedia?

I forgot to mention that Expedia sends you a confirmation. That one is for your Expedia booking. Then they go off and huddle with the airline to make your reservation for you. When they've done that, they then send you a revised booking confirmation, this time with the airline's confirmation number printed near the Expedia booking #.

Holmdel, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: expedia?

I will never use Expedia again... I booked a very expensive vacation through Expedia at an adult resort in the Caribbean. They represented the resort to be an adult resort, which they confirmed in writing... when I got there it wasn't what they represented. I called them, and they told me "we only publish what the resort shows on their website..." I told them this resort doesn't even have a website? So they offered me a $50.00 coupon (against a vacation that cost thousands of dollars)... They dropped the ball, didn't back their service and basically just left you hanging... Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere, not Expedia, they don't stand behind their product or service.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,656 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: expedia?

Nicholas, what did the actual resort say when you called them about how adult their resort would be?

Edited: 04 April 2013, 22:03