We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airlines

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Airlines

Hi TA'ers,

I'm calling for your help for wealth of knowledge once again!

I have just booked an awesome trip to Hong Kong via KL with my husband and daughter. We are flying Malaysia Airlines. I'm also an avid member of SKYTRAX and have read many surprisingly appalling reports reference this airline which was one regarded as World class for service, comfort and safety.

I am so surprised at how many people have bagged this airline out. I have travelled enough to know that there are always wingers and i always come out wondering what in the world the commotion was about . But this seems to be the majority of people don't rate this airline anymore.

Any pleasant experiences out there to appease my mind??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Travel is travel and things happen that you often don't expect and my philosophy is that you roll with the punches but my experience with Malaysian Airlines deserves a comment. Whilst they are quite a good airline to fly with if nothing goes wrong they are completely incompetent and rude when things do go wrong. When we had trouble with the plane out of Istanbul we were left for hours with absolutely no communication at all then we had to request water and food because there were kids and children on the flight that needed some attention. We were hurled from one place to the other. This was not the Turkish staff's fault as they didn't know anything either and were very kind. At KL the staff were even worse and one said to me arrogantly that it was not his concern that we should try to complain to the boss. Good luck with that!! Imagine if there was a real emergency- we would be left to manage ourselves. All we wanted was communication. Malaysian Airlines have no procedures in place especially for communicating with people what is going on and they do not give a stuff!!! Our relationship is over -I am unfriending you!!!.

chagfrord
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Off travelling in June with 2 of my friends and wanted to read some reviews to make me feel a bit better because im a nervous flyer and dredding the thought of being on a plane for over 20 hours, Flying from London to Sydney Via K.L. But thanks for all good comments really have made me feel a bit better about the experience!! if only i could afford a first class ticket for the a380, the beds look amazing. xxx

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Malaysian Airlines

I flew Malaysian from Melbourne to Paris. From KL the flight to Paris was on the a380. Just normal economy seats, but we were on the upper deck.

Good airline - no problem at all. entertainment system was great & kept me busy for most of the flight. Only down side is the food - meh.

We were delayed in KL & were not told. It was only by an hour, but some communication would have been good.

I would not hesitate to fly with them again.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
199 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Thanks everyone! I'm still following.

Less than 8 weeks now. I will write a report on my return.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Hey there,

I was supposed to go with Malaysia Airlines from Sydney to Dubai, but Malaysia Airlines cancelled some of their flights to Dubai. We are now forced to fly Emirates from KLA to DXB. I'm not really happy with Malaysia Airlines actions. But I will still fly on Malaysia Airlines from SYD to KLA return.

I will be flying on Business Class, so I'm just wondering how Business Class is on the Malaysia Airlines A330-300 Service from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney. Thanks :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Malaysian airlines is by far the WORST airline i have traveled with. Worst service on the ground and in flight, extremely rude crew and lack of any sort of compassion for the passengers. The crew has the balls to not even respond to the service button in the flight. I had to press it 10 times for them to respond as they repeatedly switched it off from their stations. NEVER EVER TRAVEL BY THIS AIRLINE

47. Re: Malaysian Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 00:05
norfolk
Level Contributor
7,636 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Malaysian Airlines

having flown with them many, many times, i find, by and large, the flight staff operate on a mirror and sponge system. if you are rude, arrogant and abusive, then that is what you will get back. if you are pleasant, happy, smiley and nice, then so are they.

i do find they can be a bit grumpy flying KUL/LHR, but then, so am i. i don't want to go home, and they want to go to bed.

all said and done - they offer a good product at a reasonable price. ALWAYS ALWAYS TRAVEL BY THIS AIRLINE. [lol].

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Malaysian Airlines

I have just completed 6 sectors on MH and found it a very pleasent experience.

The morning flight KUL-LHR the crew weren't grumpy and didn't need their bed.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Malaysian Airlines

I have flown with Malaysian Airlines many times in Business Class. I have never encountered any rude or surly staff. However, last year i did a "walk about" which took me through economy on the A380 from Kuala Lumpur to Paris and the staff in economy were not quite the same. They were not exactly rude, but their tone was different. Maybe they are overworked due to the large number of passengers on the A380.

However, as they offer such good fares in comparison to many other airlines from New Zealand to Europe, I would still use them.