We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible Itineraries. How long in each place?

Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Possible Itineraries. How long in each place?

I am planning a trip for this summer. My rough idea is to head to Hong kong to visit friends. I will be ending up in Vanuatu in the south pacific for a month so will be travelling via Sydney as I have somebody to stay with there. My options depend on which airline I fly with but I am looking at stopping in either thailand/ Kuala Lumpur or Singapore on the way there and on the way back to the UK.( If i fly with emirates then also Dubai for a few days first).

My ideas are this: london - dubai- hong kong - bangkok - sydney - London

or london - hong kong - kuala lumpur/ Singapore - sydney - London

i have around 1 month before I have to get to Vanuatu. so would these be cramming too much into a short time? It is possible to include KL or singapore on the way back instead if it is so any ideas of how long to spend in each place would be great. plus any other suggestions anybody has.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possible Itineraries. How long in each place?

All depends on what you want to see and how long certain places keep your interest. There are some cities like Singapore that bore people to tears whereas I rather like the place. Read up on each place and decide for yourself.

Look at a round the world ticket for increased flexibility and it might be the same price for a cabin higher versus and straightforward return with lots of stops....assuming you're not already planning on first class already in which case a Gulfstream V is quite a lot more ;)

Edited: 25 March 2013, 18:17
Preston, Lancashire
Level Contributor
90 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possible Itineraries. How long in each place?

thanks for uoyr help. I have been looking a multi-stop flights. Been getting quotes of around £980-£1400

3. Re: Possible Itineraries. How long in each place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 06:16