We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

I am a very experienced traveler and I recently booked a flight through Vayama. I know, based on the reviews, I should have known better, but it saved us about $400 total. Anyway, my bank account was charged, I was sent a receipt, the e-tickets were issued, I called the airline (China Southern) and I was given seat assignments, BUT the transaction for the tickets just disappeared from my account and the money was returned, I have full funds back in my money available and it's as if I never booked the flight. Knowing the reviews about Vayama, I am terrified I'm going to end up not being able to fly or they're going to get canceled. However, I call the airline and they assure me they've received funds and the tickets are issued. I call Vayama and they assure me that they've also received funds and the tickets are issued. BUT I HAVE NOT PAID! I know this is too good to be true...there is no way this is going to end well for us and our trip, but both Vayama and the airline swear I owe them nothing. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice? People have told me to just be happy and hang out to see what happens, but given the reputation of Vayama, I just would prefer to be safe as I'm really looking forward to this trip.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

I've seen Vayama representatives post on TA over the years: maybe reach out to them directly and see if they can clarify the matter.

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/VayamaVoice

It looks as if they're still posting, as of earlier this week and the current poster seems to be called Ashleigh.

feedback@vayama.com ATTN: Ashleigh

Worth a try perhaps? Good luck.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

I've been a "lurker" around here for years and have always read things. I did email Vayama, specifically the Ashleigh person as I'd seen that too, but no response yet. I'm set to fly out June 07. So, I obviously have some time, but I've spent hours on the phone trying to get this taken care of already. I paid with my debit card, so that is the card number I put in. They originally processed the transaction for an authorization according to my bank, but after 48 hours if they company doesn't actually take the money, the authorization goes away and the funds are returned to my account. It just seems really weird to me that this happened...I mean, when I'm owed money, I usually want it, right?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
12 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

UPDATE: Got an email back from Ashleigh at Vayama. She says it's the responsibility of the airline to charge me, but says the tickets are confirmed and that the airline "WILL" charge me....eventually, I guess? I'm used to being charged right away, but I'm able to log onto www.checkmytrip.com and everything says confirmed...maybe I have nothing to worry about....maybe I got a freebie. Who knows, I'll let y'all know if I ever get charged, or don't get charged!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

Do keep us informed. My guess is your card will be charged, albeit late.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

I recall someone posting some time ago about being refused entry at the gate area (they were called to the desk and told to pay or not get on the flight) and it turned out they hadn't paid and that's where it caught up with them.

So have credit card in hand plus all the documentation so they do charge the right amount, should that happen, and then keep fingers crossed this is a charge that fell through the cracks :-)

1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

This same situation has occurred for me. Booked flights from Sydney to London for December. $3600AUD was charged from my debit card and left my account the day after I made the booking, and I have received a receipt and confirmation from Vayama.

Today I have checked my balance and the money is back in my account with no record of the transaction ever occurring on my statement. I have the same worries - what was the outcome for you in the end??

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

I suggest you PM itravl they never came back and probably aren't watching this thread anymore.

Pity when people ask for help, get responses and then never bother to say what the outcome was.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

Today I have checked my balance and the money is back in my account with no record of the transaction ever occurring on my statement. I have the same worries - what was the outcome for you in the end??>>>>>

I suggest you ask your bank what happened they may have knocked it back being debit card transaction... What is the limit for single transfers out on your account?

Bonney Lake...
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

omg that is happening right now with me through priceline, the airline and priceline say i have paid but the funds where put back in my account I dont know what to do!

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,835 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ticket confirmed, but I didn't have to pay???

wow, i have only ever been charged twice, never refunded:)