We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

NEVER BUY TICKETS FROM GOVOLO. No No...... go away and somewhere else. If needed dont travel. They are a fraud company. First they tell you to that you credit card is not working and so you do a bank transfer. After you have gone through with the transfer they say that they need some official signature crap to issue you the tickets. What happens ultimately is you end up with no tickets and your money stolen by them.... Really really bad service and total harassment.....

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
11. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

No celebrations until you get the cash back OP.... Unfortunately you have learned the hard way that too good to be true fares don't really exist. At least you'll do a bit of research next time.

Good luck in getting your refund.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
12. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

@MrMarcoos I wont celebrate .... keeping my fingers crossed

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
317 reviews
13. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

OP: did you ever consider getting your tickets direct from those companies who actually own/fly/operate the planes? You know.... airlines?

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
376 reviews
14. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Let us know what happens. Will you still say their "thiefs" (sic) if they give you a refund? Maybe just incompetent?

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
15. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

@Sutter yeah definitely not thieves but incompetent for sure

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
16. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

'Their' (sic) definitely not thieves, just incompetent :-)

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
17. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Finally I received my refund. It took more than 2 weeks to get it.

case timeline - refund requested 26th March. They said that I will receive the refund within a week.

After long and laborious exchange of emails I received my refund on 10th April.

Edited: 11 April 2013, 11:01
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,412 posts
16 reviews
18. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

Good news. Thanks for the update.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
19. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

I booked a roundtrip flight on Iberia through Govolo last night. I received the email with payment confirmation at 11:28am this morning, then my booking confirmation (without reservation code or e-ticket) at 11:30am, an email containing flight route info (still no res code or e-ticket) at 11:33am and finally my e-ticket containing the Iberia booking reference at 11:56am.

As my flight is 2 weeks from now, I cannot check-in online yet, so I cannot guarantee all is perfect, but... so far so good.

1 post
20. Re: Stay away from the thiefs called Govolo

... Yes, I have become another victim with the same "recipe". I tried to gather some background on this - actually it is stunning that a Mr. Marcus Schneider is registered as the Administrative Contact for Govolo - Mr. Schneider is working for "Opodo Ltd." - also a company working in this market. It seems that they persue common interests. Besides, I got hooked up y Govolo via "Swodoo" - of course, they decline any responsibility for their activities (why do they then exist anyway?) - but there must be some common interest, at least a commercial one. Otherwise it cannot be explained why they do not reject Govolo from their search engine. In any case, it seems that this market is becoming "organized" and definitely it seems better to stay away from all of them.