We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada Preferred Seating?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
453 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada Preferred Seating?

Is Air Canada Preferred Seating upcharge worth the extra money?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

Depends what it costs (which you dont say) where you are flying between, how tall you are, what that money means to you, how irritated you get by short legroom, etc etc.

So some people will think its worth it and others won't, otherwise everyone would book it, or no one would. Its no different to asking "is it worth it to fly business class?".

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

It costs $40.00 for two flight that day. The long leg is 5.5 hours.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,359 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

Also depends on the type of aircraft you are flying and which of those premium seats you select but for 40.00

I would generally do it for a 5.5 hour flight

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

It costs $40.00 for two flight that day. The long leg is 5.5 hours.

=======

So, do YOU think its worth paying $40 to be able to stretch your legs out on a 6 hour flight?And not have someone leaning the seat in front back into your face and be stuck with that for 4 or 5 hours? I'd pay it in a heartbeat, but if YOU have to ask for a mere $40, I'd worry is it worth it to you, sounds like $40 is a lot ? Only you know this.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

It's personal. For me, yes, I would pay it in a heartbeat too, however if you need to ask, then the other seats will be fine also. No one can answer what the money means to you versus the seats.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,556 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

I have booked my preferred seats thanks for all your hlep.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,359 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

Good decision. I don't know many people who paid for one of those seats, then regretted it upon arrival.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

if it works yes. The frustration, which seems to happen very frequently, is that often you book a preferred seat, only to find that when you show up at the airport, your "preferred seat" becomes one at the back of the plane. This has happened to me approximatley 5 times over the past year. Im told "equipment changes" lead to this, almost always the passenger is not notified. AC feels that by refunding your fee, they are doing enough!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,359 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

281DEA-that seems unsual, 5 times in the past year? I am assuming these are domestic flights. Not to be an AC apoligist, but on an equipment change they really can't do much other than refund the price of the preferred seat to you.

I usually buy those seats for transpacific flights and they have never yet substituted equipment on a trans-pacific flight --always the 777, not sure they have much else that could fly Toronto-Asia.

10. Re: Air Canada Preferred Seating?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:15