We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

Due to work time is tight to catch a flight to boston I heard you pass through dublin faster than in the USA

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

Not on flights that 'don't clear US customs in Dublin'.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,879 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

"Due to work time is tight to catch a flight to boston I heard you pass through dublin faster than in the USA"

I assume you mean that you could be "late" arriving at Dublin Airport - this could be risky as you need to allow enough time for check in, security and USA pre clearance and I guess that 3 hrs would be the recommended time.

This will of course save you time on arrival in the US as you arrive as a domestic passenger.

Appleton, WI
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

Check out the aerlingus.ie website (aerlingus.com/travelinformation/…) they have a list of all the flights that pre-clear and those that don't.

At the moment, and until this October, neither of the flights to Boston are pre-clearing... but rather, will go through customs in Boston Airport.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,584 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

Presumably OP is in Bangor County Down rather than Bangor in Wales

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

Youtube : " U S CUSTOMS AT DUBLIN AIRPORT "

You can phone "Customs & Border protection"

at Dublin airport

+353 1 248 0300 08:00 - 15:00 7 days

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

Went through preclearance at Dublin at 11.00hrs on 15/04/2013(Monday) in approx. 20 mins beginning to end(having already filled out the relevant customs/INS declaration) no fuss,no hassle

Not all flights/airlines to US can use this service so you had better check before hand that this facility is relevant to you and I understand that currently no flight after 15.45hrs qualifies for this service as they close shop at 16.00hrs

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
883 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

This is taken from the Dublin airport website::

Please note that from from 31 March 2013 to 26 October 2013 the following flights clear US Customs and Immigration on arrival in the US, i.e. these flights are not subject to pre-clearance at an Irish airport.

Please proceed to the published Boarding Gate not less than 45-minutes before Departure.

Flight Number From To

EI 125 Dublin Chicago

EI 137 Dublin Boston

EI 139 Dublin Boston

8. Re: Flights that dont clear us customs in dublin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:15