We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Topic
Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

DW wants to fly Moline (MLI) to Amsterdam (AMS) on 24 JUN 2013 and return from Paris (PAR) on 15 JUL 2013. DD wants to fly with her to Amsterdam, but wants to fly to Tel Aviv (TEL) on 15 JUL 2013, then fly to Moline on 28 JUL 2013. The best flights for DW run about $1532, for DD about $2160 and the two do not mesh.

The usual sites, Kayak, Orbitz, Expedia, etc, do not allow two itineraries. Do I need a travel agent? Thanks in advance.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

Another question, please. Flying Air France to Amsterdam via Charles De Gaulle, is one hour enough connection time?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

Have you tried choosing the "multicity" option for booking your daughter's ticket? That should work.

To your second post, I wouldn't do it.

n a
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

Does it matter if they have separate itineraries, as long as their first flight is the same?

She needs a longer connection.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

Unless their itineraries are IDENTICAL in every respect you will need to make 2 separate (multi-city) bookings. Once you have done so, call the airline and ask them to 'tie' the bookings together for the sectors that they are traveling together. Known in the air/travel trade as a TCP.

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

Thanks. I found I could duplicate my daughter's Air France booking to Amsterdam by selecting "Air France only" for my wife's booking. That does not solve the connection time problem, however. Will keep searching.

Pico Rivera...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

This is doable and these are the flights you can use, I don't know about booking them online as you can never find the right combinations to match most of the flights especially if one passenger is flying to another destination while the other passenger is not. On the outbound flights on DL 3576 MLI/MSP X DL260 MSP/AMS X DL9575 AMS/TLV on the return AF 1321 TLV/CDG X AF 378 CDG/DTW X AF 9018 DTW/MLI. Something like that must be done with a travel agent, especially if you need to match the flights you both want to be in. Hope this will help you in trying to confirm something.

7. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 April 2013, 15:35
australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

Why don't you just go to the Airfrance website and do the bookings there, they will give you a much better range of connection times and cut out the middle man which always cause problems.

Just select the English/USA site and multi-city option

USA
Level Contributor
6,981 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

Thanks again. Plans are on hold pending ground travel confirmations.

10. Re: Anyway to book this without a travel agent?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2014, 06:15