We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA olci

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
BA olci

Hi

I intend to select our seats at olci but one of the party of 4 is not going now, although the ticket is still "live". It actually would cost £50 to cancel it!

So will this present a problem at olci as the 4th persons details are not entered (api)? I know you tick to say all persons allow you to proceed with check in but with the lack of api will this prove a problem.

Thanks

Clive

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA olci

I don't believe it will be a problem, as I did this before when my partner couldn't travel and I was able to check in on my own.

I think BA OLCI allows you to select who to check in online anyway, so just go ahead and do the three you want to check in.

You'll soon see whether the three have been checked in successfully, and I don't see that API would be a problem for the one not travelling.

But call BA if you are concerned or run into problems - and at check in, do tell them the 4th person isn't travelling.

I see no point in spending £50 either - it'll just be a no show

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA olci

Hi

Thanks, I hope it goes smoothly as we are hoping to get 3 seats together (without paying extra). We thought it was madness after paying £550 for the ticket and not being able to cancel it without paying again. It seems of no benefit to them with us not being able to just cancel. Must be able to make more money from a no show rather than resell the seat which already has been paid for.

Clive

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA olci

No it wont be an issue, when i check in I don't have to check MrsJoe in (though I always do as the repercussions would be dire :-)

Anyway, even if you did check the 4th person in it wouldn't matter, people not turning up after checking in is obviously going to happen from time to time. You can always tell them at bag drop.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA olci

Hi

Thank you

Clive

5. Re: BA olci

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 05:17