We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Hi all,

I am after some advice please, I have booked flights with Ryanair to Mallorca flying out on

8th may until 12th may

Fly back to Mallorca on 16th may until 29th may

I contacted Ryanair call centre & after a lot of confusion with their operator she told me I would have to pay £30 to change my booking plus any change in fare if i want to fly out on 8th & return 29th.

I explained that I already had a reservation to fly back on 29th but she told me it was not acceptable if I did not use the flight back to Mallorca on 16th may,would like other people's views on this please.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,079 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

I am actually confused about what you want to do. Do you need to change flights? Are you going out twice? I can only presume that you confused the telephone agent.

Anyway Ryanair don't care if you book a thousand flights and not take them. As said they are a point to point airline. I would not bother contacting them. You can change bookings online anyway. They will not cancel

Often it is cheaper just to ditch flights and buy new ones. They will not cancel your inbound flight if you don't turn up for your outbound. Only legacy carriers will do this.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Ronaldo,

I had booked to fly out on 8th may & return 12th may due to work commitments, then fly back on 16th until 29th may, I had booked 2 sets of return flights.

Now I do not want to return to the uk on the 12th & I will stay in Mallorca until 29th,so basically I want to use my outward flight on my 1st booking & use my return flight on my 2nd booking, but the lady at Ryanair call centre told me I will have to pay £30 to change my flight plus the difference in the fare.

I did explain to her that I did have a return seat on another booking,this is why I thought I would ask on the air travel forum for advice.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,154 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Each leg with FR is a separate booking and by not turning up for an outward or return does not invalidate the reservations according to the FR T&C.

They are a point to point airline, and are entirely different from return bookings with legacy airlines where you have to travel on all booked sectors or face penalties.

SS

Edited: 07 April 2013, 13:44
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,079 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

OK thanks for the clarification. I would not bother contacting Ryanair again. Your flights will 100% be ok.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Many thanks to you all for the great advice & to RCSPEIRS for highlighting Ryanair t&c,s, I did not notice that.

I will be flying the same route next week, so I will ask at the information desk & get the persons name, I will let you know the outcome.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
1,599 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Hi guys,

Just a quick update, I did ask at ryanair's desk yesterday & they told me that I could use my return flight although I will not be using the outbound flight.

Many thanks to you all.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,034 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Shocking misinformation from people who should know better if they are staffing Ryanair's helpdesk.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,154 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

Why shocking.

As you can see from earlier posts ,and FR T&C, the information the helpdesk gave out is perfectly correct.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

It was not right though was it? The agent, according to the op said that he had to pay a change fee and change it ticket price, which he did not.

Agree not " shocking" more just crappy service from an agent who was clueless, but still it was inaccurate.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ryanair policy - is this correct?

I think post 17 is referring to the phone support talked about in post 1 (they gave incorrect info) and that post 18 is referring to the helpdesk at the airport where the OP got the right info.