We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai airways flight TG917 -LHR-BKK- Is there seat-back IFE?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Thai airways flight TG917 -LHR-BKK- Is there seat-back IFE?

Hi

I believe this flight uses a 747.

Has anybody been on it recently? and if so, can you tell me whether there is in-flight entertainment screens in the seat-backs?

I've heard that there isn't - but then other sites suggest screens may have been retro-fitted.

thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,679 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai airways flight TG917 -LHR-BKK- Is there seat-back IFE?

Hi,

Yes .. All of their remaining B744s underwent refurbishment with the exception of one that is slated to be retired from passenger service sometime upcoming in the current Q2 (thus wasn't refurbished for such a short remaining life span) period.

All other B744's are refitted and feature their current generation cabins, which in economy include IFE now.

The A340-600 which as been the primary aircraft used on the BKK-LHR v.v services while the B744s were out of rotation also have IFE and were delivered to Thai in that fashion.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 07 April 2013, 21:37
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai airways flight TG917 -LHR-BKK- Is there seat-back IFE?

Do you happen to know which one that non upgraded plane is?

Wokingham, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai airways flight TG917 -LHR-BKK- Is there seat-back IFE?

I flew TG917 (LHR-BKK) on 05/04/13 and TG910 (BKK-LHR) on 16/04/13. Both of the aircraft (TGG and TGA respectively) offered an impressive on-demand entertainment system at every seat, with hours of film, television and music available in an instant.

My family flew out to Thailand in late March on the A340 (I think the switch to 747 was on or around 30/03/13) and then returned on TG916 on 14/04/13, operated by TGY. That too had the same entertainment system.

Thai Airways' UK and Ireland website confirms that 747s flying to the UK have been upgraded.

4. Re: Thai airways flight TG917 -LHR-BKK- Is there seat-back IFE?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 06:19