We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France versus Swiss in Business class

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Air France versus Swiss in Business class

All,

I will soon book a return flight to Delhi for next month.

I'm torn between Air France and Swiss. As it's a business trip my company allows me to fly in business class ...

I was wondering if any of you could help choosing which airline to fly with.

Price wise, there is almost 400 pounds in favour of AF but I don't want to base my decision exclusively on this as long as I'm under the 2K mark.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Julmops

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

I personally would fly Swiss. I prefer it as an airline versus Air France and ZRH is a far smoother connecting airport than CDG.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

Thanks for your reply LondonParisBerlin ! Much appreciated. I've flown them both on short haul many times and both are fine ... I like Zurich Airport but I have to say that I was quite impressed with CDG as well ...

As I don't fly very often in Business, I want to make to most of it so I want to make sure that I pick the best out of the two ;-)

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

Swiss. But why not one of the nonstops? Jet Airways, BA or Virgin should be decent.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

Hello! Mostly because I've tried them already and I'm keen on testing new airlines ;-)

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

In which case, I highly recommend flying Turkish Airlines via Istanbul. I recently had the pleasure of flying THY and was by far the best experience I have had amongst all European airlines.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

I flew Business on AF in January. I thought the seats were uncomfortable for sleeping. The foot of the seat, even when flat, sloped downward, stressing the lower back and making it impossible to sleep.

Other than that, I had no complaints, but I think I'm a low-maintenance flyer, so I may not be the one to proffer an opinion on the service.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,356 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

Hello! Mostly because I've tried them already and I'm keen on testing new airlines ;-)

---------

If you're happy with the airlines you've tried then aren't you flying others at the expense of frequent flyer miles (and status) which if you're doing a reasonable amount of longhaul travel in premium cabin can be quite significant.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
13 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

I think Swiss has the better business class product.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

With prices having drastically increased on AF side, the decision has been taken to give LX a go ... looking forward to it !

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air France versus Swiss in Business class

I have only flown business with Swiss and it was a very positive experience but check out the latest reviews on the airlinequality website:

www.airlinequality.com