We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetsetz.com for airfares?

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Topic
Jetsetz.com for airfares?

I've been searching for the best airfares on all different websites and one site I stumbled upon was jetsetz.com (I think it was one of the "compare" options on the Travelocity website). The same flight on that website was $200 cheaper than others like Kayak, Expedia, etc. My friend had never heard of it, and when I googled it, there weren't too many reviews/news on it. It seems like it's a relatively new-ish site, so she was just a little concerned since the price was so much lower than other websites.

Has anyone used this site to buy tickets? OK? Or any problems?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

Are you sure the price is a 'real time' price?

Booking direct with the airline is not always the cheapest option, but will likely cause less problems in case of change/cancellation of flights.

South Korea
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

Their flight ticket price is nearly 300USD lower than any other website(on the same dates of my flights), but I also am worried about it, too. Not much answer can be found on the web... Anyone?

3. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 20:05
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,140 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

"Their flight ticket price is nearly 300USD lower than any other website" - Is that the true price or merely an advertised price. Many 3rd parties don't have live prices or take the booking and money at that low price only to contact you later to say the price is no longer available but they can get it for an extra $$$.

There are no secret websites that will save you hundreds of $$$ compared to the price being charged elsewhere - if it's too good to be true then ........

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
33,976 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

How exactly is it that much cheaper than the actual airline website?

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

yes, I bought a ticket there last September and it was legit. the company is indeed new and small - I had to contact them because of a spellingerror, and left a message twice. Worried thatit was a scam, 2hours later I called a third time, and they answered and fixed the problem immediately. It was a Canada airlines ticket, many hundreds cheaper than if buying on other cheap airline websites.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

Hello everyone, my name is Steve and I am the owner of Jetsetz.com. I just wanted to respond to some of these posts. First of all thank you everyone about inquiring about our company and thank you Priscilla for vouching that we are legit.

As Priscilla mentioned, we are a smaller, US based online travel agency located in downtown San Diego, California. As we are a smaller agency, sometimes it takes us a little more time to respond to our customers. However, our staff is located in the US and they are highly experienced and do a great job.

In regards to the price, the reason Jetsetz.com is so much cheaper than the larger travel websites is because we connect directly to wholesalers / consolidators and sell their inventory through the website. This wholesale content can be $100's of dollars cheaper than the retail Online Travel Agencies (OTA's), so that is why it is so much cheaper. For business class, Jetsetz is sometimes $1,000's of dollars cheaper than the larger OTA's.

The only drawback to these tickets is that they can be a little more restrictive, so we always suggest to purchase travel insurance to mitigate that risk. If you have any questions you can always call us toll free at (855) JET-SETZ or email us at helpdesk@jetsetz.com.

Thanks, Steve Barber

Venice
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

Hello Steve, you appear to be an earnest, well intentioned fellow whom I believe is truly trying to make a go of his online business. I however have had an extremely unsettling experience with your site involving incorrect information, and very unprofessional behavior (by your proclaimed Vice President of operations). This includes hanging up the telephone when asked questions about discrepancies with a booking and arbitrarily canceling a confirmed and paid-for international booking for four persons. I have requested that you contact me. I am posting this here because the behavior of the representative I dealt with at Jetsetz was inappropriate and unacceptable. I know how hard you must have worked to start and maintain an online business. It is unfortunate that your hard work has been undermined. As a travel professional, I cannot in good faith recommend your site to anyone.

9. Re: Jetsetz.com for airfares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2015, 07:18