We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

night before check in Gatwick

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
716 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
night before check in Gatwick

Can anyone tell me if we are able to check in the night before at North terminal with Thomson holidays, we are thinking of staying overnight as we have a 06.40am flight but kind of seems pointless if we cant check in the night before.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,985 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: night before check in Gatwick

If you're flying with Thomson Airlines, yes you can check in the day before at Gatwick. Desks are open from midday - 10pm.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
716 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: night before check in Gatwick

great thanks, we will be staying over then

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: night before check in Gatwick

If you travel in the summer Thomson are starting on line check-in.

Only people who have done online check-in will be able to use day before check-in, so make sure you do this if it affects you.

:-)

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: night before check in Gatwick

I've used them in the past and it was really good !

Huddersfield...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: night before check in Gatwick

Sorry to jump on the back of this but we fly to Cancun from Manchester on July 22nd with Thomson, and will be hoping to do on-line check in the night before.

Might sound like a silly question but I've never done it before - will the links be on the Manchester Airport website or through the Thomson one? I can't find a link anywhere to go to it and I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,985 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: night before check in Gatwick

Online check in has been delayed. It should have started this month. I believe it's now going to be later in the year, possibly August/September but not heard any definite dates. It is only going to be available for selected flights when it is introduced.

Totton
Level Contributor
44 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: night before check in Gatwick

Is night before check in any good? I have never done anything like this before and am worried about luggage being lost but it would be nice to avoid the queues.

Has anyone had bad experiences or lost luggage due to this?

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,551 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: night before check in Gatwick

Gatwick has had night before check-in for many years. I've used it myself without problems and so have friends. Airports that were designed expecting connecting passengers usually have baggage systems that can cope with bags turning up 12 hours before the flight they are due out on, this is no different in terms of what happens once you've handed the bag over.

slough
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: night before check in Gatwick

We used the Thomson day before check in, went about four o clock and no queues. The only thing that slightly irritated me was that they did not give us a tag for our buggy or hand luggage tags and said we had to go back in morning which defeated the object of day before check in for me. We got there in the morning and the queue was massive so we just stood by the side of the check in desks and waited for someone to come free to help us. As I said it was only a slight irritation but would have been nice to go straight through to security as this is why we checked in night before and stayed in hotel. Is this normal to have to go back in the morning or could we have just had someone who was not quite sure about checking in people the day before?

10. Re: night before check in Gatwick

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 05:16