We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

USA
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
248 reviews
Save Topic
CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

Please share your expertise. Air France flight 377 (maybe Delta code share?) from Detroit arrives on a Monday at 11:30. Air France flight 1740 departs for Amsterdam at 12:35. Is this enough time to make the connection? Does immigration take place at Charles de Gaulle? Thank you for any advice.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

It will be tight.

Immigration takes place at CDG - entry point to Schengen.

Edited: 16 April 2013, 13:51
Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
919 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

It is going to be tight. You have to go through immigration and security. We made a 1 hour and 35 minute AF connection in March with time to spare.

USA
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

Thank you. I will arrange flights a day earlier than needed.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,490 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

or you could take the train from Paris to Amsterdam - almost once an hour, takes just over 3 hours and one way fares are E35.00

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

If you book on a through ticket with a code share airline and you do miss your flight because of lack of time at transit they're obliged to put you on the next available flight to Amsterdam so it might be worth the risk. However there's worse things than a night in Paris.

USA
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

I have gone through a frustrating time trying to book this routing that Kayak found. I had to input all my information again on the Air France website and they would not recognize Moline, my departure airport. Back to the drawing board.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,158 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

You'll have to rush, but it can be done. If it's all on one ticket, you're protected anyway (you'll be on the next one out). I did it in 90 min on my way to Istanbul, but it was AF all the way for me.

Edited: 16 April 2013, 17:59
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,319 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

I asked a similar question, some of the info may help you -

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48815793

tripadvisor.co.uk/…48816061

USA
Level Contributor
7,045 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

An update.

DW and DD made it with one minute to spare, even though DW was not booked on a through ticket.

10. Re: CDG Terminal 2E to 2F in 65 minutes from USA, please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 07:20