We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

Newquay Cornwall
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Topic
EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

Hi

How strict are Easyjet with their one piece of luggage rule. I have been on other airlines with the same rules but ladies were allowed to take a handbag.

141 replies to this topic
Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

If I were you I'd follow what Easyjet say on their website.

It doesn't matter if you get 1000 replies all saying they've taken 2 pieces and not been stopped but you could be the one they decide to stop - and Hey Presto! if you can't fit your handbag into your cabin baggage, your cabin bag will go in the hold and it will cost you.

Not worth the risk, imho.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,317 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

Their website is very clear

"Each passenger may carry one item of hand baggage only, measuring a maximum 56 x 45 x 25cm (including wheels, pockets and handles). This means…

…one laptop case, or

…one brief case, or

…one handbag/bumbag, or

…one rucksack, or

…one carrier bag, or

...one wedding dress"

You should assume it's strictly enforced as they make money from those who dont stick to their rules.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,316 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

Depends on the flight. From personal experiece I'd say they enforce the rules more often than not.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,877 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

I'm flying Easyjet for the first time at he beginning of May.

I will make sure that I take one bag into the cabin and that bag will be within the maximum dimensions.

It's the best way to ensure that that the flight doesn't cost me any more than it already has.

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

As enforcing it is an earner, presume they'll enforce! Your purse can go in the main cabin bag, but the same overall limits apply.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

Stick to one bag, or have a handbag small enough to fit inside the other bag while you go through boarding and get on the plane - don't extract the bag while walking to the plane like I once did and got stopped on the tarmac and told to put it back inside the other bag again!

Once onboard you can hoy out all your belongings to your heart's content!

UK
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

I think if Easyjet, or any other airline, said women can have a handbag as well as one carry on, may well find they are on a the end of a sex discrimination claim.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,842 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

They're strict. If you need a small handbag, have enough room to be able to fit it inside your hand luggage for boarding - even if you then take it out when you're on the plane.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

I have been on other airlines with the same rules but ladies were allowed to take a handbag.

======

What were those other airlines?

London, England
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage

Funniest recent holiday moment was when male friend had to chuck away spare trainers and other stuff to comply with the one bag rule after turning up with a stuffed full carry-on PLUS a huge manbag; That wasn't as humourous as his indignant assertion 'but everyone has a manbag!'... I nearly didn't make it to the loo on time as I think I've over-packed if the number of days of holiday exceeds that of my knickers.

Reply to: EasyJet one piece of carry one luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted