We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

Redcliffe
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

Can anyone tell me if passengers leave the aircraft for this hour at Changi to stretch legs, or must remain onboard?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

I haven't been on this particular flight, but another EK flight from AU via Singapore, and everyone, even those going on to Dubai, had to get off and bring everything with them. 1hr will be just enough time to visit the bathroom and/or check duty free then hop back on.

Redcliffe
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

Thanks for that.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

I actually love this flight - much better than the non-stop one, with time to use a proper bathroom to clean your teeth and wash your face rather than the small one on the plane.

You may even have time for a quick cup of coffee!!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

I would definitely recommend the extra stop if flying economy. The direct flight to Dubai would be just too long to spend cooped up around so many people that, as the previous poster said, the stop in SIN allows you to feel human again.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

I'm assuming you'll change planes so make sure you take everything with you and check the departure board for the flight gate.

Redcliffe
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

Thanks for info. Do you actually change planes or reboard your original aircraft??

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

Same plane, just a stop.

Edit A lot of people book this flight and don't realise until they check-in that there is a stopover.

Edited: 21 April 2013, 00:46
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

Admittedly, though, the Emirates website and subsequent itinerary does clearly show when there is a stopover en route to Dubai.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

It's the same plane but you will be required to take all your possessions off with you. I like this stop when flying econ and Changi airport, even just the transit area, is always nice and clean. I usually find there is only about enough time to brush my teeth and freshen up, walk a little to stretch my legs and then get back in the line to go through security before reboarding the plane.

Redcliffe
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ek 433 Brisbane to Dubai with 1 hr Singapore Stop

Thanks for your helpful replies everyone! Happy travels!