We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

Level Contributor
162 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

Connecting into IAD with UA heading to BKK via UA with only 45 min. Connection. Do you think I will have enough time? Thank you all in advance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,383 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

Yes, if you're on one ticket and intend to remain in the secure area and your inbound flight is on time.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,663 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

It's doable yes. But I wouldn't choose it, for the simple reason that if you miss the onward flight (I'm assuming to NRT) there's very few if any ways you can get rebooked for a later flight that day (currently both the separate United and ANA flights are scheduled within a few minutes of each other).You'd probably get rebooked for the next day and lose a day in LOS.

I'd look into an earlier flight into IAD to give you some slack to absorb a delayed inbound.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

I agree. Its doable, but I wouldnt book it for the reasons provided by USBT above.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

What USBT said, its doable if your first flight is ontime, but very risky so I wouldn't do it either.

Level Contributor
162 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

Thank you all for your responses. I guess I have to decide if I want to risk it, or have a 4.5hr stopover that will be in EWR. Final destination is Banghok, and I usually dislike airline food so I may just go out of EWR.thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

Final destination is Banghok, and I usually dislike airline food so I may just go out of EWR

<<<<<<<<

?????

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

Gracie, I think the OP means he will go and eat outside the airport so he doesnt have to eat on the plane.

Apart from the fact it must be a 12hr+ flight so he is unlikely to miss all the airline food, and though I dont know EWR, I'd guess that once you subtract the time spent getting somewhere with a decent restaurant and back, and getting through security, and time for a decent buffer in case of issues, this would be rushed and pointless.

8. Re: IAD connection only 45 min. is it doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:18