We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edelweiss Air - feedback

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Edelweiss Air - feedback

I'm in the process of booking a last minute trip to New York (from BOM) and back next week. The nost convenient return fliight is on Edelweiss Air from JFK to ZRH, connecting to a Swiss flight to BOM. The Edelweiss flight has a Swiss flight number - LX017 and the equipment is an A330-300. This is on one itinerary through the Lufthansa website.

Not much information is available about them on the skytrax website and hence any feedback would be appreciated. I need to complete my bookings in the next few hours. My flights would be in business class.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

Edelweiss is now the charter arm of Swiss (although their flights follow fixed schedules). So expect limited comfort. http://www.edelweissair.ch/en/aboard/ will provide you with some information.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

Swissdiver, thank you for the feedback.

From the website, the J seats do not seem to be flat beds; seatguru says otherwise. Their website doesnt show JFK (or any airport in NYC) as a destination. I'm going ahead and booking it but my confussion remains.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

<<Their website doesnt show JFK (or any airport in NYC) as a destination>>

is it a codeshare perhaps?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

Edelweiss is the operating carrier; flight shows as Swiss LX017 operated by Edelweiss; and Lufthansa is the ticketing carrier.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

During seat selection, the seating arrangement looks very similar to the onward ZRH-BOM Swiss flight.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

Well over the past days, this flight was operated by a Swiss aircraft (HB-JHM) as www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/hb-jhm shows. Edelweiss flies two A330s: HB-JHQ and HB-IQI, none of they currently flying to the US (http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/hb-jhq and http://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/hb-iqi). So my best guess (but it is only a guess) is you will fly on Swiss metal, which means fully flat bed in Business. Which is may-be why SeatGuru shows flat beds.. But, yes, the mention of Edelweiss here is confusing (may-be they own the slot).

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

LX017 operated by Edelweiss on Sundays;-)

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

Thanks for the clarity Swissdiver.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
508 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

Well on Sunday, April 14th and 21st, it was on Swiss metal (HB-JHM)!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Edelweiss Air - feedback

My flight is on Wednesday; also looked at Tuesday and it was the same.