We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best seat Air Asia X A330

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Best seat Air Asia X A330

Flying Gold Coast to Bangkok via KL in July, have pre-booked my seat. I have booked a window seat in the FIRST row of the 2 x 2 seats at the back, behind the LAST of the 3 x 3 seats. I have flown Air Asia many times, but cannot remember if the window seat in this row has a larger gap between the seat and the window/side of the plane. I like to lean against the window and sleep with a pillow, but I do remember that gap widens the further down the back you go, and the pillow falls between the seat and window! But I "think" there is no gap on the FIRST row of two seats....confusing??? lol Anyone know this please?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best seat Air Asia X A330

Hi I booked the same seat for my next trip , I would like to know if those are good seats too .

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
893 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best seat Air Asia X A330

The window seats remain for all practical purposes the same distance from the fuselage. What becomes wider at that point is the aisle which then proceeds to narrow down as you head for the tail of the plane.

FWIIW I pick the second of the two seaters because then you only have two people in front to shove their seats into you as they recline rather than three.

You also need to remember that as every airline has different seating configurations windows and seats do not always line up. (Nothing like booking a window seat and having nothing but wall !)

Don't take the last row because on some planes that does not recline.

Enjoy the flight...take a good book ..it is not that long.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best seat Air Asia X A330

Thank you :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,351 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best seat Air Asia X A330

Yes, thanks El_Dorado_Traveller....I agree totally about not having the three seats in front recline against you lol....and also about having a window seat but seeing nothing but wall!!! Has happened to me on a few occasions and it is like..Damn! But I do remember with the 2x2 seaters, the further back you go, the wider the gap between the seat and the wall, just can't remember where that gap actually STARTS! As I am doing the night flight from Gold Coast and not the day one, I will be sleeping, but I agree, it is not a long flight, but I do like to lean against the window to sleep. Recent trip in India, I got allocated the last row seat and had to sit up straight like a naughty school girl as the seat went NOWHERE, and the leg room reduced by about ten foot I think LOL, so I know what you mean about the last row!!! Ah well, at least I will only need to climb over ONE person not TWO to stretch the old legs :)

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best seat Air Asia X A330

the gap between the window and the seat is going to be smallest at the rear as the sides of the aircraft are coming together

so the row you have booked might loose the pillow

6. Re: Best seat Air Asia X A330

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2014, 06:16