We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DTW to PVR Dec. 28, 7 days.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
DTW to PVR Dec. 28, 7 days.

For a non-stop, it's at around $1000. (ouch). We've never booked air only during the holidays, so I am wondering......Is this the price that it should be or has been in prior years?

Since this is probably (I think) the only non-stop out of DTW, will the lack of competition will cause the price to stay high?

Only saving about $100. by choosing a 1-stop flight - likelyhood of those prices coming down?

Best time to book?

Thanks.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,273 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DTW to PVR Dec. 28, 7 days.

The only honest answer is that nobody will know whether fares on any given route/date will increase or decrease in coming weeks/months although a single carrier with the only non stop flight from A to B will always be able to command a premium price.

Dec 2013 is still a way off so it might be worthwhile waiting - although it's the holiday period it's still probable that your desire to buy is greater than the airline's need to sell but that's just a personal opinion.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DTW to PVR Dec. 28, 7 days.

it's over $1400. now - i'm guessing that means that people have been buying, so the price keeps rising.

3. Re: DTW to PVR Dec. 28, 7 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 June 2013, 23:32
kentucky
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DTW to PVR Dec. 28, 7 days.

Both nonstops from the US are new and already being heavily booked. SEA starts on the 16th of June. I'm flying DTW /PVG next week. BTW--that's a 777; SEA is 767W

Edited: 07 June 2013, 00:32
5. Re: DTW to PVR Dec. 28, 7 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 06:18