We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Buyer beware; you will receive a ticket that will get cancelled by the airlines.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,482 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Now a two post wonder, repeating it on the same thread. Unbelievable.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

USBT-with posts like that, at the sheer mention of Flymebusiness.com people should run for the hills!!!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40,114 posts
1,201 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Very interesting thread.

Unfortunately for me, trying to "play along from home," TA has removed (and most probably with good reason) most of the posts.

OTOH, if they ARE shills, and I suspect they are, no need to share PR with others.

Still, very interesting, and probably one reason that we do not book with "dodgy sites." As most of our travel is on business, a canceled flight would be death to us.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
25,199 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Is it that time of the week?

Two threads on mileage brokering popping up at near same time same day. Must be quiet in the office.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,482 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Hunt,

Yes the deleted posts were either shills, or maybe even the company owner (advertizing/solicitation), so no need to worry.

As for - "Still, very interesting, and probably one reason that we do not book with "dodgy sites." As most of our travel is on business, a canceled flight would be death to us."

As you (and I) are both 1K it's not only the canceled flight that would be the death of us. It's that if the flight were booked with - in our case - bartered United miles (even if the flight wasn't on UA) and they found out we'd be booted out of MileagePlus and lose our miles, GPUs, CPUs, free E+, Star Gold, etc, etc..

As I have a trip to India later this week, the thought of flying the 14.5 hour EWR-DEL in a E- middle seat at the back of the plane by the bathroom, and boarding from Group 5, is more than enough to keep these types at bay with my trusty bargepole. :-)

Hutchinson, Kansas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

This is so bad! My person was Gary, who I wonder was a travel agent at all. Made our trip so that we had to get our luggage at each stop and take it to the next desk. All the way to Germany. Then it was my salvation that united called me and said they used someone else's miles incuding mine and this was invalid. When I called and talk to Gary he yelled at me. Luckily I only lost 300 dollars. Will only use Farebuzz from now on. They are reliable and have great business discounts! This was a huge nightmare, don't use them.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

"Will only use Farebuzz from now on. They are reliable and have great business discounts! "

Sometimes I despair, I really do....

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

~banging head on desk~

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

Oh dear :(

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
40,114 posts
1,201 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Flymebusiness.com is a scam!

<<Will only use Farebuzz from now on.>>

Why would you NOT use the UA Web site (or any airline Web site), rather than going through a 3rd party booking agent?

Good luck,

Hunt