We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best seats in Airbus 380

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Best seats in Airbus 380

Hi

I am thinking about paying for seat selection on a QANTAS flight from LAX to Melbourne.

The aircraft is an Airbus A380-800. What do you think are the best economy seats taking into account that exit seats cost too much and I desperately don't want to be stuck in the middle block of 4 seats. I am looking at 80A and 80B as they are right behind an exit row and one of them does not have a seat in front of it. But there are bassinets in row 81 so could be near screaming babies.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
315 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

try here

http://seatexpert.com/

Rob

Darwin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Darwin
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

Thanks for the tip Rob.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
507 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

Had 71D it was great no seat in front lots of leg room and cheaper than exit row

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

Don't forget ... each airline has its own seat configuration!

The seat rows are always different ... depends on the airline.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,437 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

how dear is dear? daughter paid £30 for extra leg room on airbus 380 upstairs on singapore airline which we thought a bargain compared to some

Brisbane Aus
Level Contributor
676 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

We travelled in row 52 in the middle row of 4. The leg room was good but there was the problem with hand luggage as there is not a seat to store under. Luckily there was no one behind me so we could place things under our seats.The cabin was spaced out well and I did not have anyone next to me. I think having an aisle seat is important.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

Lots of discussion here:

australianfrequentflyer.com.au/community/qan…

Edited: 01 June 2013, 09:44
8. Re: Best seats in Airbus 380

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:15