We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
308 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Just thought I would raise this issue in case wasn't common knowledge and I am sure this will affect many others. There is a similar thread with EasyJet online as a heading but that thread seems to got very weird and political and not helpful at all!

When we booked TC holiday several months ago I immediatley tried to pre-book and pay for 2 extra legroom seats but was told could not do this as was EasyJet flight. BUT I could do this 30 days before departure which was 30th April but with EasyJet. So 30th April, logged onto EasyJet website and their online checkin. It wouldn't accept our booking reference. Tried TC online checkin same story.

The bottom line is:

If you have booked a holiday with Thomas Cook and they have arranged your flight with EasyJet

you are unable to check in online or pre-book or choose your seat. Cannot access either TC or EJ systems.

This is because you are not able to use Thomas Cook Online check in or 'Choose and book' options. Nor are you able to use the new EasyJet online check in and pre book seat option.

So we are left in limbo - caught between the 2 systems.

You have to turn up at airport - Gatwick North in our case - early as possible - do full checkin procedure with EasyJet desk, but will be given pre- allocated seats - possibity may not be sitting together and can not book extra legroom seats.

- that its going back to old way - when no one could do online check in or pre-book seats - fine Ok wasn't that bad, it worked. What really annoys me with this is that NOW there are systems for online checkin and choosing seats but TC customers are excluded. and what makes it worse is that Customers (non Thomas Cook) who were able to use EasyJet online checkin 30 days before departure will have chosen all the best seats.

What a shambles.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,469 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

TC have apparently arranged for their customers to check in at the airport. As with all tour operators, they use different carriers for their flights, but they are clearly shown on the website which airline the holiday is with.

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
308 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Thats correct LeylandSunAddict. TC dont have a seperate EJ reference. Have contacted them and they apologise but say no online checkin facility. EJ are also unable to help or allow us to check in online.

As for TC E Tickets - yes we have now received 8 page documents these, each one saying Important document - you must bring with you to airport etc, but each one is identical last one was April.

Only mention of Check in is as follows:-

Check-in information: Check-in opens 3 hours prior to the departure time shown above. We recommend that you arrive at least 2 hours before and advise all passengers to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the scheduled flight departure time. Please note check-in closes 60 minutes prior to departure.

If you choose to check in on line via www.flythomascook.com/retrievebooking.aspx your bag drop desk will close 60minutes before departure.

I particularly like the bit that says "if you choose to check in online" !!!!!!!! when in reality we have to checkin at EasyJet check in desk! You would think that as the document is our E Ticket it would acknowledge that we are flying with EJ and give us at least information appropriate to our booking.

We also completed the API information sometime ago now on the TC website.

thanks for all your ideas

Essex England
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Wish I had seen this before I booked holiday with TC complete disaster

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,469 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

It's not Thomas Cooks fault. All tour operators that block seats on different airlines work the same way. If you'd have booked a Thomsons holiday with TC flights, or any other airline, it would be just the same.

Wigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

We are in the same predicament at the moment and cannot book seats. We have always been with Thomson in the past but never had a TC flight just Thomsons or a First Choice flight.We will stick with the companies that have their own planes in future. Too much hassle with TC. Only booked it as it was the only company selling the hotel at the time.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,469 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Both Thomson and Thomas Cook have their own aircraft, but they both use other airlines as well. It does tell you when you book, which airline you're flying with.

Bolton, Lancs
Level Contributor
154 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Just done the same for a flight in Nov. A bit like the OP the TC cost for flight and hotel was around £150 cheaper than flights and hotel separately. When I queried the lack of online check-in, I got told by TC that it is in the terms and conditions important info section.

We are flying fom Manchester and will get to the check-in at 6am, hopefully get 2 seats together. Then spend the next 3 hours in the lounge.

Bu you never know by Nov Easyjet and TC may sort out the issue if it causes too much of an issue in terms of complaints. But I doubt it.

Andy

Wigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Can't remember personally flying with another company with a Thomsons holiday, jet 2 holiday on jet2 plane, monarch holiday on monarch plane, TC ...EasyJet..more leg room but no meals and no seats lol....at least we will know in future !!

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
905 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

I have had the same issue in the past after booking a city break with Travel Republic, the flights were with Jet2 who charge unbeknown to us until too late to check in at the airport and when I tried to check in online I couldn't because the ref number was for TR and not Jet2. TR blamed Jet2 and Jet2 blamed TR and we never got the charges back and have ever since booked everything individually.

Not all agents state what airline they are using when you first book, TR and On the Beach are two such examples we have used in the past that only display "No Frills Carrier" in the flights bit - it isn't until further down the line after booking that you find out who the airline is.

Bolton, Lancs
Level Contributor
154 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Emailed Easyjet this Morning and received the following reply from customer services.

I explained that I had booked through Thomas Cook but an Easyjet flight

They have also sent me a 7 figure booking reference, mixture of letters and numbers, is this a usual booking ref for Easyjet?

I have emailed back ensuring they have understood my original request.

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand your concern that you are not able to print your boarding pass as of now. Let me inform you that you will be able to check-in online and print off your boarding passes for your outbound journey only after xx of October, 2013 as you are departing on xx of November, 2013.

Further, for your information online check-in is available from 30 days up to 2 hours before Scheduled time of departure (STD). You will also be able to check in online for your inbound flight on the same booking as long as it is within 30 days from your outbound flight.

For more details you can click the below mentioned link:

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5889

Andy