We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
307 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Just thought I would raise this issue in case wasn't common knowledge and I am sure this will affect many others. There is a similar thread with EasyJet online as a heading but that thread seems to got very weird and political and not helpful at all!

When we booked TC holiday several months ago I immediatley tried to pre-book and pay for 2 extra legroom seats but was told could not do this as was EasyJet flight. BUT I could do this 30 days before departure which was 30th April but with EasyJet. So 30th April, logged onto EasyJet website and their online checkin. It wouldn't accept our booking reference. Tried TC online checkin same story.

The bottom line is:

If you have booked a holiday with Thomas Cook and they have arranged your flight with EasyJet

you are unable to check in online or pre-book or choose your seat. Cannot access either TC or EJ systems.

This is because you are not able to use Thomas Cook Online check in or 'Choose and book' options. Nor are you able to use the new EasyJet online check in and pre book seat option.

So we are left in limbo - caught between the 2 systems.

You have to turn up at airport - Gatwick North in our case - early as possible - do full checkin procedure with EasyJet desk, but will be given pre- allocated seats - possibity may not be sitting together and can not book extra legroom seats.

- that its going back to old way - when no one could do online check in or pre-book seats - fine Ok wasn't that bad, it worked. What really annoys me with this is that NOW there are systems for online checkin and choosing seats but TC customers are excluded. and what makes it worse is that Customers (non Thomas Cook) who were able to use EasyJet online checkin 30 days before departure will have chosen all the best seats.

What a shambles.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
5,022 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

By "only one check-in" they mean that instead of having separate queues at separate check-in desks for each individual flight, all the Easyjet check-in desks (really bag-drop desks for Easyjet) can deal with all their flights, and so there is one long queue (using barriers so it winds back on itself a lot) and when you reach the head of the queue you go to whichever desk becomes free next. Lots of airlines do it this way.

Easyjet have nine flights out of Bristol between 6am and 7am this morning for example so you can assume they'll be staffed up to cope. Anyone (except TC passengers) with hand luggage only won't even join the queue.

devon
Level Contributor
136 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Thank you that gives me hope :(

Wigan
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

We booked with TC and flew with EJ in June.....checked in our cases in Manchester and got our seat allocation. Lots of seats not taken because TC mustn't have sold all their blocked seats so we could all move when flight took off.. Brill flight with no delays. On way back in the queue at the airport we told the TC that we had actually booked wth TC but been given EJ flights so he put us straight in the speedy boarding queue. We had another brill flight home...well recommended !!

devon
Level Contributor
136 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Sorry I meant :)

All is not lost

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
45. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Hello I am having the same problem, however I have not received any tickets to check in with and am very worried that I won't be able to check in on the day. I'm flying on Friday so this is very important!

Chichester
Level Contributor
32 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Hi. We travelled to Rhodes from Gatwick with Easy Jet at beginning of September. We turned up at Easy Jet's check-in desk and they checked us in straight away. According tho the check-in agent, the problem is with Thomas Cook who do not pass on the info to Easy Jet so they have no passenger information to put on their system, other than the fact that Thomas Cook take a block booking of seats on the aircraft. The only problem with this system is that you cannot pre- book your seats and may not be seated together as in our case. When you booked, you would have received emails which included your 'ticket' and accommodation vouchers. You will need to print these off to take with you to the airport as you will need all these on the day. Have a great holiday.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,243 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Natalielpage

If you've booked a package you should have received your etickets shortly after booking.

Thomas Cook, like all other tour operators that use various airlines, block book seats. The manifest is only sent to the airline about a week before departure. This is exactly the same procedure as when Thomsons book seats on eg Thomas Cook flights.

Aberdeen, United...
1 post
Save Reply
48. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

I had this exact problem, tried to check in online only to find out I wasn't allowed too. So of course I discovered we are actually flying BA through TC. Then I stumbled upon the issue that my booking reference didn't work either for the BA check in online. Thought I was going crazy but thank god someone else is having the same problem as me.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,243 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

It's hardly surprising a TC booking reference wouldn't work on BA site. The airline you're flying with is clearly displayed when you book so not sure why you only 'discovered' it when you tried to check in online. They do tell you when online isn't available.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Thomas Cook Holiday but flight with EasyJet -need to know!

Well this is better than what happened to me the other day....I turned up to the airport and checked in but my boyfriend wasn't recognised on the plane!! Also happened to another family on the same flight, four of them were booked on the plane and the others weren't.

My advice is before you go contact easyjet and make sure ALL passengers are booked on the plane!!