We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt connection question

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Topic
Frankfurt connection question

I'm booked on a Lufthansa BOM-FRA-TXL flight later this month, arriving in Frankfurt at 7.55am on a Monday, and onward to Berlin at 9.45am. Is that enough time, given I'll presumably need to clear immigration in Frankfurt? Thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt connection question

Should be enough time. Otherwise Lufthansa would not have accepted the connection.

You will pass immigration in Frankfurt - entry point to Schengen.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
496 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt connection question

As long as the flight from Bombay is not seriously delayed you will have plenty of time to make the connection

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt connection question

I assume is booked a single through ticket.

In case of a serious delay in arrival from Mumbai (BOM) Lufthansa will put you on the next flight with available seats, and take care of you during the wait.

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankfurt connection question

Thank you. Yes, it's a single ticket. I just wondered if that was a particularly busy time - start of the week - and everything, plus having to do immigration, and having heard horror stories about Frankfurt. (Of course, it wouldn't be as bad as Bombay itself, but I wouldn't know, as I haven't connected in Bombay!)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankfurt connection question

It will be enough time Frankfurt is a very organized airport and in any case if your incoming flight is late and you miss the connection they will put you on the next available flight as it's booked on a single ticket.

6. Re: Frankfurt connection question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 05:18