We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

Hi,

We are planning to travel to Usa and I don't know which airline to chosse, I have problems with flying in general :(

I have two options the first through emirates airlines flying with A380, and the second British Airlines 747 400.

The Problem we never fly with British Airlines but we fly with emirates several times, I heared that emirates is much more safe than British Airlines is it correct ?, and flying with a380 could be also more safe than the 747 400.

If we chosse Emirates the flight time will be like 13:45 hours nonstop, but with British Airlines its like 7:30 nonstop.

I would appreciate any help or advice.

Thanks.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

All airlines that fly in Europe and the US are extremly safe and have to pass many many safety checks and have regular maintenance etc, so whoever you fly with safety wont be an issue.

Neither airline will be non stop from Romania, British Airways will be via London Heathrow and Emirates will be Via Dubai.

Both are good airlines with good entertainment, food and drink.

I would go with whichever is cheapest and gets you there quickest.

:-)

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,453 posts
507 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

Safety is very high on both airlines. So no worry here. Beyond the aircraft used, Emirates would be a huge detour for you. In addition, connecting at LHR T5 is far more convenient than in Dubai. So BA with absolutely no doubt!

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

Family-Parry and Swissdiver,Thank you for your support :)

Edited: 07 May 2013, 10:33
London, UK
Level Contributor
1,792 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

I think most regular travellers would tell you to choose the simplest or shortest route if you can. That means BA in this case. Both BA and Emirates are good airlines with excellent safety records - I'm not sure where you heard Emirates was safer as I'm unaware of any difference between them, and as you've been told, any airline that is allowed to use European and US airports can be assumed to be safe.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

UKLizzie, Thank you for your help and support :)

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

Any way the price for Emirates BS is almost double, British Airlines is cheaper from that point, but we was also thinking to stop few days in dubai. anyway I think British Airlines will be a good choice in term of price and distance. I just wanted to check because a380 is totaly differnet than 747 400 in term comf and saefty.

Edited: 07 May 2013, 10:40
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

they are both very good airlines and perfectly safe so my choice would be based on price/schedule.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
257 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

Chrella thank you :)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
715 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

I have yet to fly on a A380, speaking to people who have, the one noticeable difference is the background noise level, apart from that in economy all seats are much of a muchness, not much room, video screen on the seat back, and some food that you wouldn't eat if you weren't stuck in a metal tube.

Take whichever is the quickest and least expensive.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ('',) British Airlines vs Emirates

BA's 747s are getting on a bit (rather like moi) but have performed admirably throughout their service. They may not look as smart as the Airbus A380s, but the 747s are my favourite long haul plane: not too large and not too small, comfortable seats, good cabin crew, and (usually) a good experience all around.

LHR T5 is a very nice terminal building through which to connect as well.