We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United 757 Overnight to Europe?

Level Contributor
621 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
United 757 Overnight to Europe?

I am about to upgrade from Economy to Economy + and I would appreciate any tips.

Should I care about a window seat since I will be flying 10PM (US) to 10 AM London? I kind of figure darkness is darkness, so take an aisle and middle seat?

Will I be charged a 'change fee' if all I am doing is changing seat selection and paying the E+ fee? I figure NO since I already have the E- reservation... same day, same flight.

Are E+ passengers the last to board? I read this posted on a different flight blog. I have MilesPlus and a United Explorer C Card but the flights were purchased with points so I hope I have some boarding priority but the language seems a bit unclear. Basically worried about Overhead space... not making a tight flight connection or etc.

IMPORTANT:

Can I be bumped from my 'purchased E+ seat' by someone who has Premier Status?

Finally, Do United 757's have the small in seat back TV's... like JetBlue?

It has been over 35 years since I have flown International so things have changed... a lot!

BTW I will use Seat Guru but was looking for a bit of personal insight as well... Thanks.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,534 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United 757 Overnight to Europe?

"Should I care about a window seat...." - Taking the middle/isle seats risks being disturbed by any passenger in the window seat during the flight, I'd go for window/middle.

"Will I be charged a 'change fee' if all I am doing is changing seat selection and paying the E+ fee?" - No change fee , only the E+ fee

"Can I be bumped from my 'purchased E+ seat' by someone who has Premier Status?" - Unlikely, Premier will only get free upgrades where seats are empty (normally).

"Finally, Do United 757's have the small in seat back TV's" - Yes with on demand video

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,802 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: United 757 Overnight to Europe?

What route are you flying ?

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,796 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United 757 Overnight to Europe?

If you go for E+, avoid bulkhead/exitrow window seats on the 757. The legroom is impeded by the inflatable slide for the door. If you are flying with somebody (interpreted from your statement "...so take an aisle and middle seat?") book an aisle *and* a window seat a few rows back from the front of the section. This increases the odds that the middle seat won't be taken and you will have extra room. If somebody does come and sit in the middle, they will be more than happy to switch to one of your seats if you want to sit together.

It is usually frowned upon to be looking out your window during an overnight flight as it makes sleep and screen viewing difficult for others. People do it, but sometimes don't fully recognize the inconvenience to others it causes.

4. Re: United 757 Overnight to Europe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 05:17