We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skidoo

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Skidoo

Hi

My daughter has seen a good deal on this booking agency. Is it reliable?

Thanks

151 replies to this topic
Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skidoo

hi lynne from newcastle,

check the number of sad stories and rants on these forums and you will find a common theme of tales of woe and misery caused by people finding "to good to be true " deals on - 3rd party airline flights - as has been repeatedly said on these forums -> -> just deal with the chosen airline direct

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skidoo

I agree with Vada. I haven't heard of this agency and would be wary of anything that seemed too good to be true.

Use a fare search engine like sky scanner.net to find the cheapest dates and carriers, then book direct with the airline.

If you have to use a 3rd party website (there will be some who will vehemently oppose this, but sometimes the legit ones are cheaper -- eg a recent Cathay business fare was $400 cheaper with zuji than Cathay itself, and I was informed of all cathay schedule changes etc by zuji), go with well-known ones like expedia, zuji, etc. Cheapoair sounds like one to avoid judging by posts on here!

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skidoo

Skiddoo - meaning leave somewhere quickly....

hmmm take your money and run...lol

sorry never heard of them so cannot help

Aust
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Skidoo

Yeh I found a good deal but it seems too good to be true. Haven't purchased it yet though.

Edited: 27 July 2013, 09:56
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skidoo

I would check with the airline websites first before booking with a website which few people on here seem to know nothing about.

Could be worth paying a little more to book direct, knowing you have peace of mind.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skidoo

George S - Question for you

1) When something seems too good to be true it usually......

a) Is

b) Isn't

You have a 'phone a friend' left but you shouldn't really need it.

7. Re: Skidoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 September 2013, 22:35

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skidoo

poster No.7 -please read TAs guidelines for posting self promotion, advertising and solicitation !

reported.............

Edited: 26 September 2013, 22:25
9. Re: Skidoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 September 2013, 05:05
Edited: 27 September 2013, 05:05

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,627 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Skidoo

Now why would "traceyjarvis" suddenly make her first post on a thread only woken up today (necroposted) by an employee to make such a rave statement about this company? @lynnefromaus asked her question 4.5 months ago. I'd rather suspect she's made her decision one way or the other.

I'd personally never heard of them. They may indeed be legit, and the link below seems to indicate they are. But legit doesn't necessarily mean good (CheapoAir and eDreams are "legit"). But dubious posts out of the blue on here don't give a good impression. Let the market take its course.

Here's what I found about them - traveltrends.biz/ttn555-skiddoo-new-airfare-…

Edited: 27 September 2013, 02:41
Reply to: Skidoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted