We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

South...
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Hi All,

Upon looking for cheap flights to Tenerife I stumbled upon Norwegian Airlines.

I have never heard of them before but the prices are cheaper then anyone else at the moment.

I had a quick look on here and online but can't find many reviews - has anyone used them?

The few reviews/comments I found on TA were good, but one site I found online were all bad.

Any comments would be appreciated!

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
111. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Myself and 2 friend's used this airline flying to Gran Canaria on Jan 31st and must say that this is a brillliant airline company ,,,one off my friend's is very scared of flying and I was suffering with a very bad Asthma attack whilst boarding .. WE alerted the Beautiful flight deck attendant and she treated us so brilliant we were speechless ...She moved all 3 of us to row number 2 as soon as the flight had completed its take off so that she could keep an eye on us ..She reassured my friend at all times and alerted her when we were going to hit some turbulence and as for me she gave me a bottle of drinking water and looked out for me during the whole duration of the flight as well as carrying out her duties ..Same on our Return flight although I was feeling well the young Lady when we made her aware of my friend's problem assured her at all times ...I would always use this airline if I have the option to

Edited: 12 February 2014, 07:34
Reading, United...
1 post
Save Reply
112. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Returned from Fuerteventura last week with Norwegian on a late night flight. Great in all respects apart from one! About one hour into the flight the air quality deteriorated dramatically. I am a very experienced flyer and this was not the normal 'Get them off to sleep' strategy. The air became increasingly unpleasant and difficult to breath. I brought this, politely, to the attention of a young member of the cabin crew whose first respond was 'I do not understand' but she eventually agreed to bring it to the attention of the air crew. Within a few minutes fresh air started to flow. So please do not suffer in silence as they do have control of the air quality.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
113. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I flew twice with Norwegian from Munich to Malaga. The price is unbeatable and the fleet is new, legroom is good, flight attendants are pleasant. Only thing is punctuality. First flight was over one hour late (due to a strong headwind !). The airport had shut down, all public transport services were closed for the night and there was no help from Norwegian staff (there is no staff on the ground, neither at Munich nor Malaga). No refund, not even a reply to complaint left at Swissport.

Second flight "only" fifteen minutes late. First off the plane and a long sprint to the train station, caught the train with 3 minutes to spare.

If they would only be honest about their schedule, this would be a good budget airline.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
114. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I just flew back from Palma to Gatwick with Norwegian and the one big issue that nobody seems to have mentioned (although I haven't read all comments) is that you MUST check-in, even if you only have hand baggage.

Being used to easyjet and most other systems where you can go straight through security to the gate so long as you have your printed boarding pass from the online check-in I was shocked to be almost turned away. Five of us on that flight had to wait, like naughty children for everybody else to board first. We had all got through security with no problem and all just had the print out.

This puts me off if flying with Norwegian if I only have hand baggage because it means having to queue up in line for ages which ultimately would mean getting to the airport 2 hours beforehand instead of 1 hour or less.

Edited: 24 February 2014, 11:40
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
115. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

best airline ive ever travelled on and ive been all over the world.

recaro seats amazing legroom and width,on 2 occassions plane had spare seats so you could move about ,legroom fantastic and seat belts bigger than easy jet for my large frame 6ft 42" waist 18 stone.

i cannot recommend these enough the seats were like something from a sports car all so new,staff brilliant.i hope they are here to stay

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
116. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

do it online then still rock up at the last minute ,its worth it for the comfort

3 posts
Save Reply
117. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I have used Norwegian about 12 times in two years to fly to and from Las Palmas, Gran Canaria...previously I was a "Plus member" of EasyJet.

The staff are FAR more polite than those on EasyJet..be they Polish, Swedish or German...I have yet to meet a NORWEGIAN member of staff or anyone speaking Norwegian! The food is terrible...bring your own! The rear lavatories are a HEALTH HAZARD...the doors open such that when both doors are opened simultaneously there is a danger of having your fingers trapped! I have written to Norwegian twice..in Norwegian and English... and have NEVER had a reply!!! There is NOW a warning in the loo...but I doubt it is read by many. Before retirement I was an auditor with a Health Service Organisation...the risk is REAL.. it would be so easy to hang the doors such than NO ONE could have trapped fingers. It is a hazard waiting for a law suit!!! Litt trist når det er så mye så godt med Norwegian!

Edited: 03 May 2014, 18:19
3 posts
Save Reply
118. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

SORRY...I praised Norwegian 'almost' across the board...I was WRONG! It is ghastly having to queue at Las Palmas.....their failure to provide "on-line" check-in for those with only hand-luggage is a GRAVE failing...

BUT I also forgot to praise the presence of deoderants in the LOOS...much as SAS provides....a great improvement of Easyjet.

In flight wi-fi is great on a four hour flight.....on the web information about the threatened strike this week(05/May/2014) is ABSENT......that is POOR!

3 posts
Save Reply
119. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Norwegian 'prefers' credit cards but will accept cash....I would advise AGAINST buying anything other than drinks on-board. The choice is poor..the food is terrible...and it is expensive! The coffee is not that good and is OFTEN cold!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
120. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

We are considering booking with Norwegian to fly from Athens to Stockholm next month. The price is quite good, even after paying the extra "Add Plus" option to check a bag and reserve a seat.

One issue is that paying for a checked bag only allows for the bag to be a maximum of 20kg. All of the other flights on our itinerary allow at least 23kg.

So, my question is: Does anyone have any direct experience of what they will charge per kg for an "overweight" bag on such a flight? I have searched but can't find any detailed information on line.

Thanks and regards, tb