We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

South...
Level Contributor
174 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Hi All,

Upon looking for cheap flights to Tenerife I stumbled upon Norwegian Airlines.

I have never heard of them before but the prices are cheaper then anyone else at the moment.

I had a quick look on here and online but can't find many reviews - has anyone used them?

The few reviews/comments I found on TA were good, but one site I found online were all bad.

Any comments would be appreciated!

Maidenhead...
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

i booked a Norwegian.no flight in August to fly in November flight DY2450. Today 11October they emailed to say the flight has been put back 10 hours with no reason. I have to either lose a days of my one weeks holiday or book with another air line, which I have done at increased cost to say nothing of the trouble.

Then they tell me a refund will take 4 to 6 weeks.

Don't book with Norwegian.no if you want to arrive at the time you booked for

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

"Don't book with Norwegian.no if you want to arrive at the time you booked for"

Nonsense. Schedule changes happen on all airlines.

NORWICH
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I understand that will shortly have a base in Teneriffe

NORWICH
Level Contributor
11 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

I believe that they will shortly have a base in Teneriffe

Horsham, England...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Hi , I booked a single flight from Gatwick to Faro early morning (7am) with them to go and pick up my son for Xmas . My return is the same day with easy jet , taking off at 6:50pm .

Next thing , I get an email from Norwegian , cancelling and re-scheduling my flight to leave Gatwick at 5:50pm !?!? With the email was a simple "sorry" for the inconvinience !? I had to book an other flight with Monarch which was 50£ more expensive (but without surprises!) .

I called Norwegian airlines for refund and said the refund will occur in about 3 to 4 weeks to my account , when they got the money of my account 2 days later when I booked it !! Not impressed at all , and will never book with them again , I can't afford to be messed about with like that again !!!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

All airlines change their schedules from time to time.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,868 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Sigh, for the umpteenth time, you can get "messed around" by all airlines. Both the Monarch and the easyJet flight might be schedule changed before Christmas. My last schedule change was with BA, the one before that with easyJet. It is not a reason to avoid either airline. You are also taking quite a risk with same-day separate tickets during a time where weather can easily impact flights but that's another issue of course.

Edited: 20 October 2013, 11:59
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,632 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Any airline, can and will change schedules. The earlier you buy the tickets the more chance for schedule change is there.

The 3-4 week refund period is probably a bit padded to make sure it happens within that time (probably since their refund departement have been working overtime due to the Dreamliner problems - loads of refunds and EU261-payouts there).

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

Hi

Christmas isn't here yet.

Monarch are as likely, if not more so, to change flight times. There are dozens of complaints on here about holiday airlines charging more for daytime flights than the middle of the night variety, and then a few days before telling passengers that the more expensive daytime flight has been cancelled.

It's a pity you couldn't have flown out the night before with Norwegian, who are in my opinion a far superior product.

Jackie

Kent
Level Contributor
6,387 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Norwegian Airlines - Reviews Please

i've just booked these from gatwick to fort lauderdale at a far cheaper price due to it being a new route, there is not an airline in the world that hasn't messed about with a schedule, or been late, etc etc, for the price i paid i'd chance it rather than pay nearly double and it could still go wrong