We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

Hi

just wondered is 33/34 seat pitch on long haul fairly spacious or is it worth upgrading? Also window or middle seat?

Thanks

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,299 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

What airline, what route, what's the extra cost and what's the normal seat pitch - I wouldn't consider 33/34 to be "fairly spacious" but any extra space on a long haul flight is always a benefit.

"Also window or middle seat?" - I always avoid middle seats as you risk having your space invaded by passengers on both sides and would always opt for an aisle seat even if I'm disturbed by others in the inner seats wanting to get out.

Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

Hi

Its with Thomson to mexico. Thanks

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

I 've always been comfortable with the 33/34 space they offer. Obviously if you think an upgrade is worth the few hundred pounds even more space is always and added bonus and some free booze thrown in as well always helps you to sleep well. .

:-)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,647 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

in my opinion - seat pitch comfort rather depends on the type of seat. the old 747s used by MAS had a pitch of 34" but felt cramped. their new a380 has nominally only 31" but feels roomy in comparison. the new generation seats have less paddin, but are still comfortable. the measurment of pitch is from a point on a seat to the same point on the seat in front, so it includes the seat-back.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,031 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

We always upgrade because hubby needs the extra legroom and I like to be at the front of the aircraft. It's also quieter, which we both prefer. The complimentary drinks are great. We both tend to drink a lot of water so it helps having an unlimited supply of bottles. Extra luggage and priority check in is also useful. All the premium cabins are 2-3-2.

Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

Thanks for your replys given us something to think about

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
307 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

If your Thomson flight is on a 767 i find the economy window seats great for couples as they are all in pairs on each side.

The new 787's are set out in 3-3-3 arrangement in economy so wherever you sit you will probably have someone sat alongside with you and one of you will have a middle seat, unless you sit on opposite sides of the aisle.

That for me is a pretty compelling reason to upgrade on the dreamliners going forward for me anyway.

8. Re: Economy seats long haul 33/34 seat pitch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:17