We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Missing seat rows on Airbus A320

London
Level Contributor
562 posts
303 reviews
Save Topic
Missing seat rows on Airbus A320

On a Swiss flight from Split (SPU) to Zurich (ZRH) this afternoon something rather odd happened.

Passengers boarding the plane with seats assigned in rows 18-23 found that the seats didn't actually exist. The row numbers jumped straight from 17 to 24.

Spotting the chaos in the middle of the cabin as passengers searched in vain for the non-existent seats, the crew apologised and told people to sit anywhere. Luckily the plane wasn't full and everyone settled down.

My journey continued from Zurich to London LHR on an identical Swiss A320. There were no problems with seat allocation, but again, I noticed that the row numbers mysteriously jumped straight from 17 to 24.

Can anyone explain this odd situation? Is it unique to Swiss? I've Googled, and come up with nothing.

Yours baffled...

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Missing seat rows on Airbus A320

That is also the case with several other airlines.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Missing seat rows on Airbus A320

Surely it's not he case that they assign people to those rows though Hans?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Missing seat rows on Airbus A320

Did I say that?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Missing seat rows on Airbus A320

Surely it was implied since the key point is the chaos resulting from the fact that passengers had seats assigned to missing row numbers.

5. Re: Missing seat rows on Airbus A320

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:16