We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,934 posts
1,629 reviews
Save Topic
Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

"That's according to airline reviewer Skytrax and Business Insider Australia, who have ranked the 10 worst airlines in the world for flying cattle-class. The list is based on the ratings and reviews by Skytrax, which conducts Quality Audit and research work for commercial airlines and airports."

10 worst airlines for economy class travel (scores out of 100):

1. Turkmenistan Airlines (rated 30.8)

2. Sudan Airways (rated 33.3)

3. Ukraine International Airlines (rated 36.3)

4. Uzbekistan Airways (rated 37.5s)

5. Air Koryo (rated 39.2)

6. Bulgaria Air (rated 41.8)

7. Rossiya Airlines (rated 42.7)

8. Iceland Express (rated 42.8)

9. Tajik Air (rated 43.3)

10. Syrian Air (rated 44.8)

adelaidenow.com.au/travel/news/are-these-the…

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
194 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

Who knows? Seriously, at the very least these type of rankings should group airlines by number of passengers carried and markets served. I really don't think any of these carriers serve the same markets as each other or the same number of passengers as any of the majors like Lufthansa or Emirates so you're hardly ever going to have to make a decision between airlines on this list and airlines you're actually likely to fly.

Level Contributor
3,394 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

It's a pointless question. Partly because you can have a bad experience anywhere, there are airlines people say are bad which I prefer, and ones people rave about I think are rubbish. But also because I doubt anyone on here will even have flown on half those airlines, they aren't exactly major international airlines

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,748 posts
1,738 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

Its pretty unlikely I am going to fly any of these airlines as I live in the UK and they are likely to be region or country specific.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,533 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

I flew Syrian a few years ago now to Damascus and the landing was the worst I've ever experienced - the plane's wings were shaking like a leaf and the noise was appalling.

I think they had problems getting spare parts then and someone told me all the planes were secondhand Lufthansa 747's (don't know it that was true) and it can only have gotten worse since given the current political climate.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

I flew Sudan Airways many years back from London to Nairobi via Khartoum... It was ropey to say the least but cheap as you like and got me there and back ok. It was a great experience at the time but prefer a little more comfort these days.

An hour wait on the tarmac in 100 degree heat to transfer to a bus that took you no more than 75 yards to the connecting service wasn't the nicest of experiences.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

Thank goodness I've never flown any of these and have no intention of flying with them in the future but thanks for the info.

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,024 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

Iceland Express no longer exist, they were acquired by WOW in October 2012.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

Yeah, well, like someone said, it is unlikely (to say the least) that people in North Korea, Sudan or Syria will undertake leisure travel for the foreseeable future, thereby rending this listing pretty much pointless for the vast majority of Tripadvisor readers or followers. I guess a listing with the rankings of Economy Class seats of the top 10 Skytrax airlines would make a lot more sense...

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,897 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

>>That's according to airline reviewer Skytrax and Business Insider Australia, who have ranked the 10 worst airlines in the world for flying cattle-class. <<

Just to point out that that list had nothing to do with Skytrax, and they issued a press release disassociating themselves from it and criticizing the magazine.

airlinequality.com/news/worst_airlines.htm

10. Re: Are these the 10 worst airlines for economy class?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 06:19