We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia in-flight entertainment

Brisbane
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia in-flight entertainment

Random question... But can you bring your own headphones (standard plug style) and will they fit into the headphones port in Air Asia's inflight entertainment system?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,492 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

AirAsia doesn't have IFE. It rents portable DVD players.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

So I see. I guess you could bring your own headphones then.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,492 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

Yes.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

Definitely bring you own entertainment! When AA use to fly from London to KL (about 12-14 hrs) they ran out of the portable IFE very quickly. I got very bored, didn't make that mistake on the way home!

But I learnt a lot of Malaysian signs/warning stuff as I needed something to read. ;-)

Canberra
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

Sorry to bump an old thread, but is anyone able to let me know what is currently on the IFE units on Air Asia? I'm flying with them from Sydney - KL in a fortnight, and wondering if it is worth prebooking a unit.

Thank you!

Edited: 07 June 2013, 01:53
Canberra
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

I've looked online and can't find anything - help me tripadvisor - you're my only hope!

Australia
Level Contributor
211 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

Hi

I have flown them on many occasions and you can only get them when you board. So its pot luck whether you get them or not. We usually fly with everything fully charged, and if the batteries die it just bad luck..

Take care

Brisbane
Level Contributor
174 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

I have prebooked them on my GC to KL flight about $12AUD,you can book them on manage my booking on AA website. They are Samsung Galaxy tablets preloaded with games and movies

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
223 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

There is an entertainment guide on the Air Asia web site, it only lists movies and tv shows. Go to Plan My Trip, click on Emtertainment, scroll to end of page and click on Here under What will be available on the device.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia in-flight entertainment

As TLWE says, you need to prebook them online through "manage my booking".

There is a very limited number available and when all PRE booked, the option to book online is removed. So, unfortunately if you cannot see the option to book one for your flight, they have already "sold out" for that flight.

They are really popular - we missed out on our previous trip because I procrastinated......so took our iPad. But for our flight next week managed to order one when we booked months ago.

Best to take your own entertainment I'm afraid.......

Have a great trip.

Edited: 07 June 2013, 11:38