We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair Passenger Details

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair Passenger Details

Hi Everyone

I have just booked flights with Ryan air for my family, my daughter is 15 so when searching she was added as a child.

However when adding passenger chose "Miss" when entering her details instead of "child".

Will this make a difference, although she is under 16 she is a young adult so I would refer to her as Miss.

Do you think this would give them enough to refuse travel?

Do you think I should change her details at the cost of £110?

Don't know what to do, I have been really worried about this since I booked it.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Titles don't matter so don't worry.

Twickenham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Hi,

I run my own travel agency. For future information, a child stops being a child on a plane, one they reach the age of 12.

Therefore, your daughter will be fine for travel as this title is correct.

Ryanair are a law to themselves, but given you have her down as Miss, I cannot see any problems occurring.

Hope this helps.

Safe travels and happy flying.

Kind regards, Paul

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Thanks for the speedy replies.

I thought that would be ok, after reading some reviews from travelers about the massive additional fees added at the airport was really worried.

Twickenham, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Hi

Glad to have been of help. With Ryanair especially, you cannot be too careful, but you really won't have any problems.

On a pessimistic track, should your flight be delayed or cancelled for more than a few hours, remember that you are entitled to compensation. It is in the EU regulations.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

We have booked and paid for flights departing 14th January, we also paid for checked baggage ,we paid the going rate at the time£60 per bag , my question is will we be refunded the difference in cost now that the rate from January 5th is down to £30

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Isn't it only the checked baggage fees at the bag drop and gate that are being reduced, not the prebooked baggage?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

I'm guessing not but I haven't seen any official statement about this either way. Why not call them and ask?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,577 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Just double-checked and LeylandSunaddict is correct, it's only the fee for paying at the airport that is changed.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
657 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Checked again myself pre booked checked baggage reduced from £60 to£30 and baggage not booked in advance reduced to £50

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,858 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair Passenger Details

Not according to their website. Luggage rates vary anyway and aren't all £60. The £60 to £50 is for gate checked luggage. The £60 to £30 is for bag drop luggage not prebooked, and is per flight.

No mention of prebooked luggage.

ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-announces-custom…

Edited: 15 November 2013, 09:37