We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air France vs Delta

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Topic
Air France vs Delta

Hey all. I will be flying to CDG this summer and had a quick question about the economy seats. I have the option of flying a Delta A330-200 or an Air France B777/A380...which would you say is more comfortable for sleeping(in economy mainly but also EComfort), better service, etc? Thanks

Edited: 02 June 2013, 02:25
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,883 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air France vs Delta

I've not flown on the 380 but will say that economy seats on AirFrance are terribly hard to me, and others have agreed. AirFrance PE on the other hand is very comfortable, or at least I think it is.

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air France vs Delta

Use Air France alot have flown the 380 and not as comfortable in my mind as other aircraft mentioned. One thing for sure meals on Air France far superior to Delta in my experience!

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,220 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air France vs Delta

We fly Delta on a regular basis, most recent Atl-Mad, we were in business class but EC is a comfortable seat on Delta, never flow on AF.

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air France vs Delta

I see. So stormy49, is the EC basically an economy seat with more legroom?

Any other thoughts?

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air France vs Delta

Having heard horror stories about Delta, I found them fine when flying London to New York a couple of years ago. Food mediocre (ie better than a fair few other airlines in cattle!), IFE pretty good and seats pretty much like everyone else. I don't think seat comfort really changes that much from airline to airline in long haul economy

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
30 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air France vs Delta

I've flown long-haul on Delta to/from the US & Europe for many years (Diamond Medallion) and like the Airbus 330 and 340 series. I fly in Eco more often than I care to admit and recommend you select your seats using Seat Expert, the information there is excellent. Middle seats E&F offer fantastic leg room and two arm rests down the center of the aircraft, best to choose D or G and slide inward if open.

I'm not a fan of Air France (I hate CDG), they have stranded me a half dozen times due to delays causing missed connections. The triple 7 is ok but typical of Boeing's older wide body design. I hope to fly the Dreamliner to see the new Boeing wide body architecture. I've flown Eco and BC on the A380 and can honestly say BC seats aren't worth the extra cost, Eco is just fine when lightly loaded (terrible when full).

Delta also fly to AMS (Amsterdam's Schipol Airport) which is in my opinion the best European airport. Unless your final destination is Paris I would never fly to CDG ever.

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air France vs Delta

Yea I'm actually going to be in Paris so I guess unfortunately i will have to fly to CDG! Appreciate the info Tomn8r4402

New York City, New...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air France vs Delta

Probably going to fly Premium Economy on Air France 777-300.

Quick question for anyone who knows...I will be flying likely in seats 18A/B which are the front of the section on this model. I looked at seatguru but wondered if anyone had some first hand experience with these seats that are marked yellow and red on seat guru.

Thanks!!

seatguru.com/airlines/Air_France/Air_France_…

Edited: 04 June 2013, 00:21
Arcadia, California
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air France vs Delta

Adam, I 've been in the B seat, and the extra legroom was great and there's enough room for the person in the A seat to get out, no need for the B person to get up. As far as I remember the lavatories were for business class and the PE section curtained off, so there was no traffic, but I could be wrong.

A minor inconvenience IMO is having the tray table and the monitor in the armrests, so the seat is a little narrower than the others, but still comfortable enough for me. BTW, I'm in the group that doesn't find the seats hard;-)

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air France vs Delta

check out reviews for both airlines on the same route on the airlinequality website:

www.airlinequality.com