We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Little Red (UK Domestic) - Fare conditions

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,697 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Little Red (UK Domestic) - Fare conditions

Hi,

I would like to book a flight from Edinburgh to London. I have found this statement on the "Fare conditions" of the flight I would like to book: "Reservations are required for all sectors. Ticketing must be completed the day reservations are made."

I am afraid I don't undestand what is this referred to. Can anyone help? Could anyone of you make this clear to me?

Thank you so much in advance!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Little Red (UK Domestic) - Fare conditions

It means that the ticket you are purchasing has to be paid for now; you can't just hold a seat on the flight but only pay for it ('ticket it') on a future date. Assuming you're happy with the fare and you don't think you will have to change your travel plans between now and when you travel (or you have insurance that will cover you if you do) it's unimportant and completely normal. Every flight I've ever booked myself online has had the same conditions. Generally it means you can't cancel and get a refund, and usually you can't change your flights either, or there will be a financial penalty for doing so at least.

England, United...
Level Contributor
11,697 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Little Red (UK Domestic) - Fare conditions

Explanation clear as crystal.

Thanks!

3. Re: Virgin Little Red (UK Domestic) - Fare conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:17